Sit KhruDam Gym Unique Training Methods

Ryukyu Damashi

Ryukyu Damashi
@Brown
Reaction score
Some great ideas coming out if this Thai/Burma border town gym.

I'm loving the neck strap. Makes kneeing the bag so much more fun!

This is really, really cool. Thanks a lot for posting, Ryuku. I take it these methods are very uncommon in Thailand?

Reminds me of some of the stuff you see occasionally in boxing, e.g. tying the feet together, using a Reballdo, holding a tennis ball under the chin, etc.

Edit: How do you (and others) feel about punching with resistance bands. I have heard both good and bad things about it as a practice, though I have had some physical therapists prescribe it to me for an elbow injury that's been bugging me for some time.

My gym already uses jump stretch bands around the heavy bag to assist in the clinch hand position (2:25 of the first video), however, I never though of putting the band around my head. This looks amazing...will be trying it monday!

This is really, really cool. Thanks a lot for posting, Ryuku. I take it these methods are very uncommon in Thailand?

Reminds me of some of the stuff you see occasionally in boxing, e.g. tying the feet together, using a Reballdo, holding a tennis ball under the chin, etc.

Edit: How do you (and others) feel about punching with resistance bands. I have heard both good and bad things about it as a practice, though I have had some physical therapists prescribe it to me for an elbow injury that's been bugging me for some time.

If you follow modern physical preparation theory, they recommend using bands with plyometric rep/sets. Otherwise it will slow you speed movements down...

Very cool. I think I might implement that resistance band clinch idea on my heavy bag at home.

Back