Since when does it matter HOW the banned substance got into your body?

Chinese guy recently got zero punishment since he got his without his knowledge. Sounds fair.

Long live Jon Jones!

Frank Mir's kangaroo excuse sounds plausible. They should overturn his ban along with Crocop's.
Cro cops makes me laugh

Let's them know he might fail a test due to the doctor.

Doesn't fail it

2 year suspension...

All I hear is blah blah my steroids were tainted with steroids blah blah

The banned substance list is absolutely huge. So much stuff could make someone pop. There are going to be lots of accidents and mishaps, even if you think the Jones case isn't an example of that.

Like you ever asked where that dildo had been?

Cro cops makes me laugh

Let's them know he might fail a test due to the doctor.

Doesn't fail it

2 year suspension...
The details came out recently:
Crocop was told by UFC it would be fine if he just emailed them what his doctor gave him. USADA took that email and said thanks for the guilty admission and they'll waive his suspension if he snitches on someone else. USADA played him dirty to make a name for themselves.

As long as it matters to you, that's what is important.

Tons of extremely successful ppl do coke everyday, it's a go drug, it's an expensive drug, we arent talking about crack or meth here.

I've probably done more coke than you've seen tbh. I understand the difference but was trying to give some insight on actual junkies..

I've probably done more coke than you've seen tbh. I understand the difference but was trying to give some insight on actual junkies..
If the first part is true, then you've done a shit ton, I used to do it almost everyday. Second part, it's Saul goodman

Chinese guy recently got zero punishment since he got his without his knowledge. Sounds fair.

Long live Jon Jones!

Frank Mir's kangaroo excuse sounds plausible. They should overturn his ban along with Crocop's.
Happened to a boxer recently as well. Tainted meat in Mexico. Got off for Clenbuterol.

Yes, intent matters. Tim Means and Yoel Romero got reduced suspensions when they were able to prove their supplements were tainted.

Last edited:
Because intentions matter. I will grant you that things like the tainted supplement excuse are wearing thin. But there is a difference between doing something on purpose, and doing something accidentally, and something being done to you. Obviously there is no test for intentions, but the amount of punishment can be on a sliding scale if it seems that you were somehow tricked into it or it was accidental.

Just to give a scenario. You are driving your car and a nail on the road causes a flat which causes you to lose control and hit and kill someones kid. Versus you are driving your car too fast or while intoxicated and hit someones kid. Versus you are driving your car and you deliberately run over someones kid. In each case a terrible tragedy happened, a child was killed. But are they all morally the same, and do they all deserve the same punishment?

So yes, you are ultimately responsible for everything you put into your body, and to help with that, USADA will test your supplements and has a list of approved ones. But if some shady individual gave you something and lied about what it was, or snuck it into your protein shake that is not the same thing as conspiring with a drug dealer or shady doctor and doing a cycle.

Back