Simply cant relate to anyone who wants Jones vs Cormier III

light heavyweight or heavyweight, DC still loses. why would jones go up a weight class to fight somebody? Doesn't make sense.

The downside is terrible for DC, I agree.

However, the upside is the greatest thing ever for him career wise. There is no greater accomplishment that would help his career at this point in terms of one win.

That said, the odds are VERY low that he can win, but it is not zero. One of these scenarios (however unlikely) could happen, say, maybe 10% chance.

1. DC at HW where he is undefeated actually out wrestles Jones without steroids.
2. Jones takes DC so lightly that he cokes up and doesn't train for his entire training camp.

I'd say DC only has like 20% chance of winning, but if he does... Wow right?

light heavyweight or heavyweight, DC still loses. why would jones go up a weight class to fight somebody? Doesn't make sense.
Agreed. Why would Jones go up to HW to fight DC?

I have no idea why anyone would want to hold two belts and be called undisputed GOAT, make a ton of money in an easy fight against an opponent you already beaten twice. Anyone with any sense would stay at the same weight class and fight a no-name contender and make a fraction of the money.

I do not understand the appeal for this fight in any sense or fashion.

Jones is up 2-0 and is the superior fighter. 1st fight was a 5 round convincing shutout in which Cormier was out struck and out wrestled.

2nd fight Jones starched his rival, cold, with a head kick and follow up thug ground and pound.

So what the point is the trilogy? Do you want to see Cormier lose again? If this is Cormier's last fight how does it reflect on his career suffering a third loss? Isn't that literally the worst possible outcome for Cormier?

How is this appealing? Just because Cormier has had success at heavyweight doesn't mean its suddenly an even fight. Jones at heavyweight is vastly bigger, unlikely to be out wrestled and doesn't stand stationary so Cormier can throw heavy punches in the pocket.

But steroids!
Jones will go into the fight favourite and is more skilled in mma, everywhere.

Cormier is a better heavyweight!
Jones is a superior mma fighter.

Jones is only up 1-0, 2nd fight a no contest!
Cormier got starched. We all saw it.

Cant we just let Cormier ride off into the sunset as champ champ rather than second place?

You miss the point.
Both fights were tainted by Jon's failures to PED/Cocaine.

And while a loss wouldn't change much (after all, you just said he lost twice already), a win by DC would vindicate his career like no other fight would and propel him into GOAT talks.

I’d like to see Jon bring the score to 3-0.

That’s enough reason for me.

That’s the thing, the upside of potentially beating Jones has to be incredibly intriguing for DC, but the potential downside is devastating, especially at heavyweight.

If he rides off into the sunset now Cormier has a handful of things to himself: (1) Jones was dirty when they fought so there’s an asterisk; (2) DC was really an undefeated heavyweight who was fighting a division down because of Cain anyway; and (3) DC went out on his own terms, a clean, respected champion.

If he faces Jon at heavyweight and loses, he potentially loses almost all of that. Cormier will always be more respected as a man, but he can potentially lose everything else.
He's gonna have to put a lot of weight on but still be able to go all 5. His best bet is to be so heavy Jones can't stop the takedown. He needs to make it about wrestling not stand-up.

I do not understand the appeal for this fight in any sense or fashion.

Jones is up 2-0 and is the superior fighter. 1st fight was a 5 round convincing shutout in which Cormier was out struck and out wrestled.

2nd fight Jones starched his rival, cold, with a head kick and follow up thug ground and pound.

So what the point is the trilogy? Do you want to see Cormier lose again? If this is Cormier's last fight how does it reflect on his career suffering a third loss? Isn't that literally the worst possible outcome for Cormier?

How is this appealing? Just because Cormier has had success at heavyweight doesn't mean its suddenly an even fight. Jones at heavyweight is vastly bigger, unlikely to be out wrestled and doesn't stand stationary so Cormier can throw heavy punches in the pocket.

But steroids!
Jones will go into the fight favourite and is more skilled in mma, everywhere.

Cormier is a better heavyweight!
Jones is a superior mma fighter.

Jones is only up 1-0, 2nd fight a no contest!
Cormier got starched. We all saw it.

Cant we just let Cormier ride off into the sunset as champ champ rather than second place?

Agreed. There is no logic for wanting this match. DC's older than he was the last two times. DC is much shorter and going to HW would favor Jones more not less, Jones already won twice. There's just nothing there except the power of imagination.

People who want Jones to go to HW generally annoy me because they've been doing it for years and don't understand the concept of cardio and seem obssessed with the possibility of Jones getting giftd. But DC it adds an extra layer of ignorance cause we saw how that went last time.

Apparently those 20 pounds of extra belly fat will let DC destroy Jones rather easily

You miss the point.
Both fights were tainted by Jon's failures to PED/Cocaine.

And while a loss wouldn't change much (after all, you just said he lost twice already), a win by DC would vindicate his career like no other fight would and propel him into GOAT talks.
I didnt miss the point i addressed it. I simply cannot relate with you.

I rarely want to see a rematch let alone a trilogy fight in a trilogy that has not been competitive whatsoever.

Why not just take the HW fight? Doesn't Jones just have to weigh in at what 206? Take the damn fight and put it too rest or what am I missing?

I didnt miss the point i addressed it. I simply cannot relate with you.
actually, you did not.
You dismissed the fact in BOTH fights he had foreign substances in his body.

Plus: You wrote explicitly if he loses, I've noted what happens if he wins.

edit: I don't mind you can't relate. That's besides the point.
If he wins, he's GOAT. If he loses, he loses nothing.

At HW its a super duper fight and the biggest fight ever.

Back