SIMILARITIES: Junior Dos Santos and BJ Penn

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by hydrobadazz, Oct 19, 2013.

1. hydrobadazz

hydrobadazz Green Belt

Just like the title says, do you see any similarities?

1. Fighting style

2. Footwork

3. Camps

4. Pre-fight talk

5. Heart

2. ZackZed

ZackZed Black Belt

JDS surrounds himself with a bunch of yes-men and a##kissers who constantly massage his ego. But, he trains incredible hard for his fights.
    BJ on the other hand, never trained hard for any fight except after his loss to GSP in the title defense against Florian.

3. hydrobadazz

hydrobadazz Green Belt

I'm surprised he gassed so quickly. They do have similar cardio.

4. Talon81

Talon81 Brown Belt

I will grade each of the following qualities as comparisons between the two. I am not as educated as some on here so these may be a bit off but should be close.

Ill include a couple more things. As much as I like Dos Santos better, by far, than BJ Penn, Penn was far more gifted and even when barely (compared to some other fighters) training was able to dominate a division. Dos Santos has never/will never do that because he is not as naturally gifted/well rounded. Penn's primary weapon (his boxing) happens to be Dos Santos' only weapon, but that is not enough to draw a similarity. Penn was pretty well rounded and Dos Santos is not at all.