Silva was clowning around out of insecurity not superiority.

• Thread starter Deleted member 490433
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 490433

Anderson is at his best when an opponent is chasing him, when it's the other way around he's still good but not that good and people are beginning to understand this. He clowned around the entire fight but not so much in the first and second rounds, in those two rounds he seemed more aggressive and then...He got clipped (twice) and tried desperately to look superior and bait Bisping into making a mistake that never came. Of course Bisping made a HUGE mistake but not related to Silva's taunts.

Round 1
He had an aggressive exchange in which he got clipped and 'stumbled'

Round 2
He got aggressive and got dropped. At this point and after everything that has happened you can be sure doubt was creeping in.

Round 3
He was outstruck (along with every other round). During the final moments he was still 'clowning around' while eating several punches when Bisping made the stupid mistake of focusing on Herb and his mouthpiece. As the seasoned vet that he is Anderson capitalized and almost finished the fight. Aside from this the fight could have easily gone 4 rounds to 1 for Bisping.

CcS4Xn-UUAAWuyr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the fight metric, bisping won four rounds.

I agree. He was clowning when he was in trouble

If you rewatch the fight, minus that knee he landed, Bisping embarrassed him for most of the fight.

It was difficult to watch his showboating

honestly... how can you know it was out of insecurity? maybe he was simply trying to make bisping make a mistake? as in fighting strategy?

this is the definition of a misleading thread title.

the look on the face of Silva when his ass hits the floor is priceless. someone needs to get the shoop thread going.

Meh, I think it was more a case of old habits dying hard. I admit that I was pretty shocked when he started doing it, but .. he has been doing that for a good part of his career, so he probably couldn't help but try to dip into his old bag of intimidation tricks.

That's what he always does. Difference now is he's 41 without an iron chin

Anderson always fights like that it's his style but During the fight I had the thought that Anderson is clowning because he is losing the fight, Trying to make it look like he is playing around with Bisping and can win anytime. Possibly in hopes the Judges score him the round if he managed to creep that thought into their minds.

Why are people ignoring that Anderson almost took Bisping's face off with his first upkick? He got dropped, but he wasn't rocked. People talk about Anderson and say he is "clowning" but when Conner does it, he is "using movement." I think it is awesome that he is always adding new layers to his game. Using the Filipino boxing in close quarters? Way cool.

honestly... how can you know it was out of insecurity? maybe he was simply trying to make bisping make a mistake? as in fighting strategy?

this is the definition of a misleading thread title.

How do you know I don't know? This reply borders on slander.

Meh, I think it was more a case of old habits dying hard. I admit that I was pretty shocked when he started doing it, but .. he has been doing that for a good part of his career, so he probably couldn't help but try to dip into his old bag of intimidation tricks.

Quite possibly, but that's the point I'm trying to make. I think Silva relied on those tricks so much that he lost a lot his effectiveness when fighting offensively.

Why are people ignoring that Anderson almost took Bisping's face off with his first upkick? He got dropped, but he wasn't rocked. People talk about Anderson and say he is "clowning" but when Conner does it, he is "using movement." I think it is awesome that he is always adding new layers to his game. Using the Filipino boxing in close quarters? Way cool.

Haha he got dropped but he wasn't rocked, where do you think the 'drop' comes from?

Back