Silva vs Weidman... still can't believe it

People ignoring half the point of this thread. It’s not just the surprise that Silva lost by KO…. It’s that Weidman got completely folded shortly thereafter. Who the fuck could have predicted a Silva KO loss and Weidman’s career ending up like that? No one.

When I watch mma I feel like no fighter is exempt from the possibility of getting ko’d… which is why mma is exciting to watch…

That fight was probably the most bummed I felt watching a fight for numerous reasons… still as clear as day the night I watched that fight. Was at a wedding and snuck away during the reception to watch the fight on my phone… Thank you Anderson for all amazing fights… for me, it was the most entertaining span of watching mma fights.

We found the MMA prophet. Anyone need to win any bets PM this guy.

Jones has been showing the signs for a while. It's not prophecy, it's just paying attention and recognizing the reality of mma. Father time comes for all.

Remember when Fedor started getting finished and losing every fight? The signs were there. My advice is learn to recognize them and take age into account.

People ignoring half the point of this thread. It’s not just the surprise that Silva lost by KO…. It’s that Weidman got completely folded shortly thereafter. Who the fuck could have predicted a Silva KO loss and Weidman’s career ending up like that? No one.

By the time he fought Silva, Weidman'd already had tons of surgeries, including his knees. So in hindsight it was actually probably predictable. Dude had tons of wear and tear, even when he was still pretty young.

https://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/8/3...im-boetsch-chris-weidman-undergoes-successful

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/ufc/chris-weidmans-double-knee-surgery-deemed-successful

He says here that he had 10 knee surgeries in his life....

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/chris...-horrific-compound-fracture/story?id=77504336

Even if it's a hyperbole, it's still a lot.

Most fans thought Silva was going to destroy Weidman, while, allot of MMA fighters thought Chris was a bad match up. A fight I learned to listen to fighters opinions on fights.

Every single fighter interviewed had Yan beating Aljo in the rematch.

Silvas run was overrated

MW division was weak AF
Mark Munoz almost got a title shot
that shows you the state of the division
a few solid wins but the competition wasn't all that

the same with BJ
we hyping that guy up because he had wins over Florian & Diego coming to his 'phenomenal' run

Silvas run was overrated

MW division was weak AF

the same with BJ
we hyping that guy up because he had wins over Florian & Diego coming to his 'phenomenal' run
BJ Penn is more than his record says. He was someone way the fuck ahead of the game for a long time.

Weidman still defended his title 3 times after that. I did predict Rockhold and Romero would beat him and so did many others. Weidman fought beasts

Big fan of the Chris,couldnt stand how the anderson fans would never give him any credit

Silvas run was overrated

MW division was weak AF

the same with BJ

Mark Muñoz beat Demian Maia, who then went to remain top contender at WW for a decade until his 40s and fought for the tittle there.

Yet MW was "weak AF" while WW was "a shark tank" uh?

the same with BJ

Ok, you are a monumental moron.
Somebody ban this retard
<{Red Card}>

I remember catching this at the bar. The entire bar was basically...

ice-cube-chris-tucker.gif

And then silence.

Nobody was cheering for Chris at all.
he was very unknown at the time

I very much so remember that glorious time where the majority of sherdog gave me shit for saying Weidman would beat him

I remember that Weizmann has less than 2% chance of winning thread. I remember the many many "he'll be Silva's easiest title defense of his career" bla bla bla

Liked Silva, hated his fanbase at the time. It was a glorious moment in mma for me.

The Chris was awesome

There is no such thing as an unbreakable chin and you have been following mma long enough to know that by now. Getting dropped by the pillow-fisted Sonnen was a warning call.

Think of who the most iron-chinned fighters are today. Personally I think of Max Holloway. He will eventually get KO'd if he sticks around long enough. Same with Jon Jones if he decides to keep fighting at heavyweight.
This wasn’t even a chin thing honestly. Silva was leaning back awkwardly with his chin straight in the air and didn’t see the follow up punch coming.

Last edited:
I was there live. It was absolutely insane. There was a huge contingent of Brazilian fans there that night, and there was just this shock, silence, and almost like, grief. That was easily the most insane moment of MMA that I’d ever witnessed in person.

Wasn't Silva saying some weird things in the pre-fight build-up? Seem to recall some talk about giving the title to Weidman, like he knew he had become a little too comfortable at the top.

Back