Silva vs Evans and the middleweight picture

Gengar

White Belt
Reaction score
So with the Bisping loss making there no clear #1 contender @ middleweight I think if Rashad beats lil nog the ufc should match him against Silva. A big name and I think at the least a good challenge for the champ. Make this match around the summer and lets see what happens with Thunder vs Lightning and Weidman vs ??? those two fights should make out the true #1 for a showdown later in the year with silva.

So with the Bisping loss making there no clear #1 contender @ middleweight I think if Rashad beats lil nog the ufc should match him against Silva. A big name and I think at the least a good challenge for the champ. Make this match around the summer and lets see what happens with Thunder vs Lightning and Weidman vs ??? those two fights should make out the true #1 for a showdown later in the year with silva.

Ahhhhh, no!

Honestly, this isn't a terrible idea in the fact that it might be something that would get Silva to fight sooner. I just don't see Anderson signing up to fight the likes of Weidman or Rockhold until they develop a little more star power. And unless you're down with not seeing Silva until late 2013, you might want to embrace an idea of a guy like Evans dropping down and getting a title shot.

Couple years back evans said he was open to figting silva, i think it was on inside mma.

lil nog knows he cant be silva.

he trains with the guy.

this isnt a worthy fight for silva or for us the fans.

Honestly, this isn't a terrible idea in the fact that it might be something that would get Silva to fight sooner. I just don't see Anderson signing up to fight the likes of Weidman or Rockhold until they develop a little more star power. And unless you're down with not seeing Silva until late 2013, you might want to embrace an idea of a guy like Evans dropping down and getting a title shot.

the "greatest fighter of all time" doesn't have enough star power of his own to sell a fight? :redface:

I'd personally love rashad vs anderson. Not sure why but it feels like it works.

If Evans can make 185 sign me up. Win over Nog, Silva's training partner, only guy to go the distance with Jones in championship fights, former LHW champ. I'd even take the fight at 205 honestly.

Me and my buddy always talk about Rashad dropping to 185 and making a run. I'm actually surprised this doesn't get discussed more. Physically he looks like he could make the cut without too much trouble.

Rashad would definitely need to have a wrestling-focused attack/camp to be competitive against Silva but I'd still love to see it. I think he'd do well at 185.... but he's doing fine at 205, too.

I would love for that fight to happen. Always thought Rashad was a very small LHW. I understand why he hasn't moved down given his enormous success at LHW, but given his loss to JJ I think taking a shot at Silva makes a lot of sense. That's the kind of fight I would lose sleep over the night before.

Its a fight I would not mind seeing but would rather see Silva vs Chris or Silva vs Vitor again.

I'd love to see it and it would sell huge. I could easily see rashad winning with his wrestling. Standing he has no shot.

Back