Silva is almost impossible to finish; Adesanya doesn't suck.

You win some by KO/SUB and you win some by decision. I’m not putting too much weight into one fight. That’s for other Sherdoggers to do.

Knee jerk reaction is always on the menu in here.
Couldn't agree more.

I prefer finishes but MMA is a sport with rules and winning a decision is a way to win.

In baseball people wouldn't act like a win didn't count if a team didn't hit any homeruns. In american football teams routinely take a knee and let the clock run. Soccer/football take the ball to the corner and stall.

A win is a win.

That was a great fight.

When Cormier doesn’t finish Silva it’s because he apparently wasn’t trying to

When adesanya doesn’t it’s somehow because he isn’t very good

Racism imo

I think it's ridiculous everyone is acting like Adesanya sucks because he didn't finish Silva.

2 Division Champ Daniel Cormier couldn't finish him, and Michael Bisping couldn't finish him (super close fight) , so what Adesanya didn't finish him.

Chris Weidman is the only man to finish Silva in the last 15 years. The first time he finished him Silva literally had his eyes closed. The second time it was because of a checked kick.

Let's not act like Silva is some old bum that can be blown over by the wind.
Cormier wasn't trying to finish him. You can't just compare fights without putting it all into context. Silva was a late replacement to save the event, of course they didn't go all out to risk injuries over an exhibition fight.

It was almost like Weidman had loaded gloves in those fights.

Was it the 2nd one when he dropped him from the clinch?

The Chris seemed unstoppable back then.

Weidman would finish Anderson a third time if they would fight again.
Adesanya doesn't suck, but I don't see him beating any of the top 5 at MW.
Anderson wasn't worried about Isreal taking him down, Weidmans a bad matchup for Anderson and if Anderson was smart he would avoid weidman at all costs lol

Anderson wasn't worried about Isreal taking him down, Weidmans a bad matchup for Anderson and if Anderson was smart he would avoid weidman at all costs lol
He did. Then had to fight him
Anderson avoids wrestlers.

I think it's ridiculous everyone is acting like Adesanya sucks because he didn't finish Silva.

2 Division Champ Daniel Cormier couldn't finish him, and Michael Bisping couldn't finish him (super close fight) , so what Adesanya didn't finish him.

Chris Weidman is the only man to finish Silva in the last 15 years. The first time he finished him Silva literally had his eyes closed. The second time it was because of a checked kick.

He was billed as "the NEXT Anderson Silva"
Anderson Silva would finish
People feel like they got lied to.

dhMeAzK.gif

THANK YOU, I BEEN SAID THAT!

Andy has NEVER been KOed besides that one fluke fight vs Weidman,

Not to mention, how many times have you seen Silva take damage? That swollen eye was some of the most damage he’s sustained so I’m not buying Israel has pillowfist either.

he has pillow fists if you consider Bisping to have pillow fists.

for Adesanya to be pillow fisted doesn't really matter as much as most other fighters because he has a huge arsenal to rely on, and he has skill that can overcome his lack of power with misdirection, accuracy, and timing.

hitting hard isn't important unless you're someone like Dan Henderson, who only has an overhand right.

Cormier wasn't trying to finish him. You can't just compare fights without putting it all into context. Silva was a late replacement to save the event, of course they didn't go all out to risk injuries over an exhibition fight.

This is a myth.

DC didn't really try to finish him. He just smothered him on the ground for 3 rounds. Aside from when he floored Luke, Bisping has always been known for his pillow punches.

Izzy just doesn't seem to have that much power. He couldn't finish Vettori or Tavares either. It's going to be interesting to see how he goes against someone truly elite who won't be afraid to pressure him. I can see someone like Weidman, Gastelum or Jacare just bullying him.

Back