Sick Kneebar Sub in MMA

Zankou

Bringing peace and love
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
A classic move, but I can't recall having seen it executed in MMA before. Beautiful.

iboMTKBVXOGtGe.gif

iJWSGjjcyixg2.gif

I swear I saw a taktarov instructional showing that move 10 years ago.

Frank Mir almost had it on Ian Freeman in the UFC back in the day (starting from top, not bottom). Then Frank Mir went out and pulled a Frank Mir.

Joe Stevenson did this to me at a seminar him, Rich Franklin, and Dustin Hazellet put on in Japan. Shit sucked

Rodrigo gracie taught this knee bar off of hte take down at the seminar I went to.

Helio Gracie taught how to do this kneebar to a velociraptor at a foreign dignitaries banquet in Nepal back in 1922.

I learned this submission from a T'Lan Imass at the height of the First Empire....

A friend of mine wins with knee bar from bottom/side/top half all the time at black belt. It's funny to watch the matches because people don't see it coming. He's done it for years...I think he even has a video out on it lol!

His name is Ronnie Wuest.

A friend of mine wins with knee bar from bottom/side/top half all the time at black belt. It's funny to watch the matches because people don't see it coming. He's done it for years...I think he even has a video out on it lol!

His name is Ronnie Wuest.

Wuest is really good at it and has been getting people with it for a long time.

Somebody mentioned Joe Stevenson. He almost got Kurt Pellegrino with it at a Grappler's Quest last year. Kurt looked to be in pain and even kind of laughed because I guess he was so surprised by it. He eventually escaped and guillotined Joe about a minute later.

Back