Shoyoroll Navy Skies - A2

nodferatu

Drilling in the south
@Brown
Reaction score
IMG_0034-copy.jpg

I know what you

Care to reveal how much you paid for it in cash? On eBay, buyers do not pay fees; sellers pay all of the fees, that they naturally try to pass on to their patrons, of course. - E

Care to reveal how much you paid for it in cash? On eBay, buyers do not pay fees; sellers pay all of the fees, that they naturally try to pass on to their patrons, of course. - E

$200. I think he said it was $180 from SYR plus shipping costs. I saw quite a few SYR's and people were selling them all brand new. Competitors, Rio Kois, Brasilerios, etc.

On ebay the cheapest Navy Skies sold was $275 and the most expensive one sold was $399.

I think the $200 spent for a gi I wasn't supposedly allowed to buy was a good buy.

Wore mine yesterday and got a few compliments.. I just wish the lapel patch was like their older releases(longer) and the lion is abnormally larger and a bit sloppier than previous

Still a nice addition

The Navy Skies is their second release with different colored lapels...see Grey Skies from years past. That said I think it looks really nice. The non-black lapels make it different than TMA kimonos.

'yes I know they had the Grey skies earlier. It just does not appeal to me. Too many flashes to 80's karate movies :redface: - Which I sitll watch on sundays with my daughter ...

'yes I know they had the Grey skies earlier. It just does not appeal to me. Too many flashes to 80's karate movies :redface: - Which I sitll watch on sundays with my daughter ...

Haha I hear ya. Hey man, the original Karate Kid is still awesome. :)

I passed on purchasing Grey Skies because of the tuxedo nature of the lapel colouring, but how much do they go for today? I believe history proved that I was a fucking dumbass. No offence, guy who is criticizing the tuxedo lapel (a few years too late), but people paying absurd prices for used Grey Skies with holes in them last year pretty much quieted most people's hate; I understand you do not like it personally. Understood.

Don't wear it.

But you are a smidgen late to the proverbial party. - E

This is a new version (variation) of it; do you take psychedelics prior to logging in? - E

Great review!

I would have liked this gi if it was the exact same colorway without the navy lapel. I understand it's like a throwback to the grey skies. That's cool if your into it but I don't like the tuxedo style gi's. Navy is my favorite color and a white and navy gi with the navy gusset would be amazing. However, I just can't stand the lapel.

On another note, I'm glad syr is making their bag's double strap now. I like my competitor bags way more than all my single slings.

Great review!

I would have liked this gi if it was the exact same colorway without the navy lapel. I understand it's like a throwback to the grey skies. That's cool if your into it but I don't like the tuxedo style gi's. Navy is my favorite color and a white and navy gi with the navy gusset would be amazing. However, I just can't stand the lapel.

On another note, I'm glad syr is making their bag's double strap now. I like my competitor bags way more than all my single slings.

I wish it was actually a bit different than navy since its basically just a souped up Guma "1751/Georgetown" kimono

This is a new version (variation) of it; do you take psychedelics prior to logging in? - E

i must because i could have fucking sworn i said they should come out and re-release grey skies because it is THE gi that started the syr hype train. it is probably the most sought after gi in bjj history. also, the grey skies gi is actually gray on the collar. Navy skies is not gray at all.

i must because i could have fucking sworn i said they should come out and re-release grey skies because it is THE gi that started the syr hype train. it is probably the most sought after gi in bjj history. also, the grey skies gi is actually gray on the collar. Navy skies is not gray at all.

:D If anything needs to be re-released, it's definitely the Grey Skies.

Any one interested in getting one pm me .

There are 3 Navy Skies listed on ebay along with the new Dark Skies. The Navy Skies seller is legit. Spoke with him a bit and he gets his stuff directly from source.

The Navy Skies is their second release with different colored lapels...see Grey Skies from years past. That said I think it looks really nice. The non-black lapels make it different than TMA kimonos.

It's technically their third release, no? They released the white & blue batch 3's, followed by the Grey Skies, and then the Navy Skies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back