Showtime boxing in Canada no longer on SuperChannel

nta

Purple Belt
Reaction score
To my great surprise, checking the SuperChannel schedule today, I found out the following.

We regret to inform our boxing fans that Super Channel will not be renewing our contract with Showtime

Last edited:
I wrote them a couple weeks ago after not being able to find it on the schedule and they sent me a similar response. The reason they give about PPVs is bullshit - there were 4 of them on Showtime last year (May vs Maidana 1 & 2, and Saul vs Angulo and Lara). There were several more 'regular' Showtime cards than that last year.

It's pretty shitty, because there still are a good number of big time, yet non-PPV fighters that it will be tough to see live. Obviously I went ahead and cancelled the now useless Superchannel, and will just stick with HBO for now. The Haymon NBC deal also came as good news to me, as that is easily available on regular cable.

Hopefully TSN picks them up. Even better if the Fight Network doesn't get involved because it is only offered in SD from my cable provider.

Now the only premium channel I'll have to pay for is HBO (and possibly an upgrade to the 5 TSNs).

No more mma.
No more sons
No more boxing

I think it's time for no more super channel.

Back