shoulder injury

A

alexgncw

i didn't tap intime to a kimura and now my shoulder is messed up i can do all normal motions with it but when i rotate it feels like the muscles are hitting each other could be a torn cartlidge anyone know if this will heal up by itself or could it need surgery and in either case how long should it take until i can train full speed again

I would go get that checked by a doctor man. If you are stubborn the most I would wait is a few days, and if it is not feeling any better, get it checked. Even if it is feeling better you should probably get it checked. You don't want to be out longer then you have to be.

Sorry about the injury.

well if it is a torn cartlidge which i'm pretty sure it is would it heal on its own ... i don't wanna do the doc thing unless i have to

I dislocated my shoulder a few weeks ago and my advise is to go see a doctor. The shoulder is a very delicate area and if it's unstable you should get checked out.

Same happend to me. At night i got a 'pinchig' feeling, later was told it was the nerve, nothing serious. 8 months later it went away by itself. Didnt have to see a doctor for that. You may be fine, just give it time.

Foul Breath said:
Same happend to me. At night i got a 'pinchig' feeling, later was told it was the nerve, nothing serious. 8 months later it went away by itself. Didnt have to see a doctor for that. You may be fine, just give it time.
u were out of training for 8 months though?

No, not out of training for that long. Just 8 months for the pain to stop and for the sholdier to 'fully' heal.

Foul Breath said:
No, not out of training for that long. Just 8 months for the pain to stop and for the sholdier to 'fully' heal.

Regardless, 8 months is a long time.

Just go get it checked out.

Doctors appointment by armbar.

I have too many friends, particularly judoka, who have dreadful shoulder problems from taking injuries in training and then not getting them fixed. You could easily end up with something which is permanently a weakness.

Back