Should Zabit just get the next title shot?

Would you be in favor of Volk vs Zabit?

• Total voters
Fucking hell no. Needs 10 wins for that title shot like Max did.
lol as if that is a requirement.
With the right trash talk and taking the right fights u can get it done in 5

Someone needs to fight Volk next. Might as well be Zabit. He's highly ranked and undefeated in the UFC. I don't get why a bunch of you are tripping out on him getting a TS when we've seen way worse. Fuck we just had Romero and Aldo get Titleshots off back to back losses. If KZ didn't get knocked dead by Yair it would probably be him. Oh well he can get next.

I don’t understand why people care so much about how many rounds Zabit fights. If he ever does get a title shot it will certainly be 5 rounds so this fear some of you have of him getting the belt without ever being scheduled for five rounds is extremely unlikely.

Volk has already said he was “fresh blood” out there and is not interested whatsoever in a third Holloway fight.

Zabit can’t be penalized for guys ducking him left and right.

Why not make it happen? Would you be in favor of Volk vs Zabit in the near future just to get the division moving?

zabit-magomedsharipov-ufc-223-pre-fight-interview.jpg

Love Zabit but I wanna see KZ get a shot at Volk first then Kz vs Zabit first defence.

I don’t understand why people care so much about how many rounds Zabit fights. If he ever does get a title shot it will certainly be 5 rounds so this fear some of you have of him getting the belt without ever being scheduled for five rounds is extremely unlikely.
Because he is undefeated in the UFC,and they think that somehow he should be put in a situation where he is more likely to lose,rather than his opponents should try harder to beat him,and not simply wait for him to get tired,which is what they are suggesting,

"some fighters are too good to beat in only 3 rounds, Its unfaiiiiiiiiir!"

If zombie is stuck in south korea. Sure why the fuck not?

I think if he headlines that card on August 9th against Kattar, Holloway or Ortega, and wins, he deserves a title shot. All three are tough matchups and I would argue Kattar > Yair based on his Stephens win.

On a separate note, is Zabit vs Yair the new Tony vs Khabib? Seriously, that fight has been cancelled three times (all on Yairs behalf though). Has a Russian actually ever fought a Mexican in the UFC (not counting those who have hispanic heritage on one side of the family)?

No he does not deserve a title shot because he has no good cardio to survive 5 rounds also he has not fought a top 5 opponent
Who cares?
Yan had no 5 rounders and no top 5 wins and he's champ.

Fuck it, let's just hope a bunch of injuries happen and he's the only contender left.

Who cares?
Yan had no 5 rounders and no top 5 wins and he's champ.
The difference between Yan and Zabit is that Yan does not get that tired in the championship rounds and Zabit gets tired and almost exhausted by the 3rd round

He's not top 5. Nothing I said was inaccurate.

I know, I was not trying to say that you were wrong. I should have said it better.

To be fair, Kattar is a top 5 talent, regardless of his ranking.

Back