Should you stop listening to rap music when you get old?

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Not necessarily all rap music, but what about the really sexually explicit or violent rap music? Would it be weird to keep listening to this stuff as a old person?

I have. Mostly because I grew up listening to 90s rap and this newer stuff does nothing for me. May as well be nails on a chalkboard considering how it sounds to me now.

But also, I started to realize how weird it is for white people to be bumping rap music in their cars. Makes me think of Office Space. I always laugh when I see some dorky white dude driving his Nissan Altima bumping rap music. So gangsta.

I went to a Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Too Short, E-40 concert in San Jose and I was shocked by how many white grandmas and 40+ housewives were at the show
I was in the parking lot taking tequila shots with a granny, mom, daughter 3 generation combo, and yes I absolutely tried to get em to kick it with me but they just used me for my alcohol and bounced, fucking lesbians!
There was also a buncha middle class parents bringing their kids to the show like it was Disney On Ice or some shit
Gangsta rap is for everyone, I guess

Underground hip hop strictly. Philly

Bully Raps with real boom bap beats and scratches

I probably should but I won't. I like what I like. Just so happens the older I get the less I give a fuck about what others think so people can deal with it. Uhh, except when my kids are in the car, we listen to classical music so they don't grow up to be like me.

I went to a Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Too Short, E-40 concert in San Jose and I was shocked by how many white grandmas and 40+ housewives were at the show
I was in the parking lot taking tequila shots with a granny, mom, daughter 3 generation combo, and yes I absolutely tried to get em to kick it with me but they just used me for my alcohol and bounced, fucking lesbians!
There was also a buncha middle class parents bringing their kids to the show like it was Disney On Ice or some shit
to be fair, all those acts were popular 30 years ago, so i would assume its normal for the audience to be old, just like our parents generation listened to the beatles or whatever

I went to that same tour in Oakland and was also surprised to see a similar mostly white crowd, but with more tech bros.

I was listening to some old Kool G Rap shit the other day. Mainly the XXX compilation that I had as a kid. I primarily listen to rock, but grew up with rap in the 90s and will probably always listen to it to some extent. I'm sure there are hip hop listeners in their 50s and 60s now because of how long it's been around. Joe Rogan was talking about listening to Kool G Rap recently and they're both in their 50s now.

Back