• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Women in america jog with a male?

So i’m The only one who noticed the suspect disappear into think air at the very end of the video? What in the fuck?

Women seem pretty ignorant when it comes to thinking about potential dangers.

My friend used to walk back home from bars alone which was blocks away in not a good neighborhood.
i am not sure they are ignorant or oblivious to the potential dangers.

I had some female roommates in University and other female friends who waitressed at the University night clubs. Most would walk home after work meaning they were walking home between 2-4am depending.

They knew they should not be walking alone at that time but the cost of taking a taxi after each shift was significant for a young person living paycheque to paycheque.

I had some female roommates in University and other female friends who waitressed at the University night clubs. Most would walk home after work meaning they were walking home between 2-4am depending.

They knew they should not be walking alone at that time but the cost of taking a taxi after each shift was significant for a young person living paycheque to paycheque.

They all think someone’s gonna white knight if they get into trouble.

They don’t think about the fact that an attacker won’t arrack when someone else is close.

the old, i'll be fine....it always happens to someone else attitude

They all think someone’s gonna white knight if they get into trouble.

They don’t think about the fact that an attacker won’t arrack when someone else is close.
I don't think that is the case at all.

They believe nothing is likely to happen (which is true) and therefore they struggle to pay for taxi's each and every night when living paycheque to paycheque.

basically they accept the gamble despite the high cost of losing that bet that a minuscule percent pay.

the old, i'll be fine....it always happens to someone else attitude
Well yes. And its quite true generally. Not that, that is any consolation to the few who pay the price.

Basically it is like those of who choose to swim in the ocean despite knowing Shark attacks do happen on occasion and people do get killed. At some point you just decide that you cannot live your life trying to avoid all risk and instead you look to manage risk.

I don't think the issue is women being alone so much. I mean women walk alone everywhere all the time and nothing happens.

The issue with joggers is that they usually keep a routine with their runs. Rapists and stalkers usually pick up on these things.. so they usually map out the woman's routine. They know at certain time and the exact place they'll be running so they watch for them for several days sometimes and will know when to strike. It's not different than a bank robber casing the place for days on end watching the movements and patterns of the employees.

I'm not saying that this was the case here with this guy.... but yeah, it would help if women ran in pairs or groups and maybe changed up their routines.

Yea personally I tell my wife no running morning\night outside. Take it to the gym or just workout in the house with a workout video. Mid day I feel a lot safer about it.

I think women shouldn't jog at night by themselves. Or early in the morning (like 5am-6am).

They don't need a male, they just shouldn't be alone.

This, if my lady wants to jog then I’ll go with her happily. I’ve never been a fan though and we do our cardio in more efficient ways

Killed for nothing.... Wow.
This is why im a firm believer in concealed carry, no matter what your state laws are, legal or not, carry a gun, defend yourself, especially if you are a woman. She could have had a nice small .380 and have been able to protect herself.
they actually make womens jogging gear that holds a gun.

81GehabdDPL._SL1500_.jpg

b8449ee05e5182dea2a84e8b98f3cd9e.jpg

Women are safer walking the streets than men are. Just saying.

Should Women in america jog with a male?
In certain parts of America probably, but the U.S. is a very diverse place with many different cultures. The city I live in has only had about 5 murders in the last 20 years. Most people I know always leave their cars and houses unlocked too. Hell a lot of people even leave their keys in their car at night around here too. There is very little crime of any sort tbh.

Nah, they're stupid.

Im sure in the history of humanity somebody somewhere has been stabbed sleeping at home...does that mean people should stop sleeping at home? no right? that would be pretty stupid to think.... well then nobody has to change anything, accidents happen, and they have always happened... stop being a fear driven media controlled idiot

No jogging thread is complete without

There are indoor and outdoor tracks in any major city. But if people want to fuck their knees up and risk getting hit by a car, I guess there's no cure for stupid.

Surprise and violence of action trump tactical prowess. That’s the thing to be concerned about, not necessarily the tool. Stepping out of an alley with a .22 to pop someone in the face works, even if you’re doing it to a top-tier Delta commando.
That’s how Chris Kyle died

I saw young women jogging alone in NYC at midnight. It all depends on the area where women can jog.

we should illegalize knives, surely would make crime obselete.

Back