Should the UFC bring back Phil Davis?

I would hate to see Davis fight up coming prospects as Reyes or Walker. There is a big chance he would win and kill their win streak.

That's the point off gatekeepers, to keep guys like Smith from fighting for titles and making sure we only get competitive and intriguing title fights. IMO, Johnnie Walker is the only interesting fight for Jones at the weight now, tho I wouldn't mind seeing Rockhold demolished, which is always fun (-:

Phil Davis vs Corey Anderson.

Barnburner.

The guys he's KO'd weren't that good. I don't see him doing well against the current top 5 in UFC. It's probably best for him to stay in Bellator. He can also wear his trademark pink shorts there.

Casual fans haven't even noticed hes gone.

I would say yes but only after they bring back Moose first...more important

yes, while he wouldn't beat Jones, having Walker or another up-and-comer beat him, would legitimize them getting a title shot

Jon would outstrike him easily and I actually like Mr Wonderful.
Jones would still have a reach advantage and even if the long range doesn't work out, he could clinch Phil and use his elbows.
I don't think anyone doubts jones would outstrike him. phil's only hope would be to outwrestle jbj, but i don't really see that happening with jones's movement and reach. but i'd still like to see the fight given where LHW is right now.

Lol, except he was winning against the top 5 when they cut him and the last guy in the UFC to beat him.

Beat Machida, lost to rumble, beat Glover, lost to Bader all decisions before the UFC let him and Bader go.
He beat Machida on the cards, I don't think anyone other than two judges actually thinks he beat Machida.

Bring him back I’m all for it. Dude has great striking defense.

He beat Machida on the cards, I don't think anyone other than two judges actually thinks he beat Machida.
I don't disagree but the record stands and he left the UFC as one of the more successful LHWs at the time.

I don't disagree but the record stands and he left the UFC as one of the more successful LHWs at the time.

Yeah I agree with that and I think they should bring him back, I guess the issue is his financial demands are probably more than the UFC thinks he brings in fan wise.

Yeah I agree with that and I think they should bring him back, I guess the issue is his financial demands are probably more than the UFC thinks he brings in fan wise.
Yeah which is absurd when you want to claim you have the best fighters but let top 5 guys go because they are "boring" and you don't want to pay them cause it means you make .00004% less profits at the end of the year which is unacceptable just to be able to say you have all the best fighters in the world and people knowing its actually true.

Ankalaev
Rakic
Menifield
Jim Crute
Michel Oleksiejczuk
Khalil Rountree
Luke Rockhold
Ryan Spann
Nikita Krylov
Chris Weidman

The lhw division has improved dramatically. This ain't the same division from 18 months ago. The UFC invested a lot of money to improve the division and it shows. There's never been a group of prospects like this at lhw.

Jim Crute is the truth

I used to think he was a great match up for Jones....then Rashad steamrolled him. I'd still be more interested in that than Jones vs random power punchers

for what point exactly?
He's looked terrible lately

Should the UFC bring back Phil Davis (20-5)?

facts

1. He's gone 7-2 since going to Bellator
2. He's never been finished - let alone ko'd
2. Three of his five career losses have been split decisions (60%)
3. He hasn't had a non split decision loss since Rumble in 2014
4. His last loss (split decision) was against Fightmatrix #2 ranked LHW in world Nemkov
5. His last two wins have been 3rd round ko's

I know he had a rep as a boring fighter who moved well but never pulled the trigger, and when he did is was for a takedown that rarely amounted to anything. But fighters evolve and the division is looking kind of weak right now. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Walker, Reyes, Smith, Gus, etc., would you?

giphy.gif

They never should have let him go.

Back