Should Rumble move to heavyweight?

Stillmyboy1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think he won't ever he able to beat the top three. Jones DC and Gus (in a rematch) would all finish him. He simply is one dimensional and dosen't have the skillset to be considered a top guy.

Do you guys think he should move to heavyweight? He may find some success there and it might be the best option for him at this stage in his career.

If Jones, DC and Gus are your top three... how could you state he won't ever be able to beat them? There is a big flaw in that logic. A very big one.

If Jones, DC and Gus are your top three... how could you state he won't ever be able to beat them? There is a big flaw in that logic. A very big one.
I'm not saying Rumble can't beat them. He just would have a very hard time. There's just too big of a gap in skill level.

I'm not saying Rumble can't beat them. He just would have a very hard time. There's just too big of a gap in skill level.

Apart from him beating Gus, he also almost knocked out Cormier in the first round iirc. I really don't see the gap. I think you really underestimate Rumble.

I agree that Jones and Cormier would be the favorite.. disagree with Gus.. but all three could be won by Rumble imo.

Oh man.....

He already beat Gus, why can't he do it again. And how is he one dimensional? He is a good striker with good wrestling and TDD. You call him one dimensional but yet won't call Gus one dimensional? By your logic, Gus is one dimensional too.

He cracked Cormier a few times. I believe he can do it again, although I think DC beats him again.

Jones is a tough match up, but all Johnson needs is one shot.

He has walked thru everyone in front of him except DC since coming back now all of a sudden he's not good? Pfffttt, and if he does decide to go to HW, he'll be a beast there too.

He very well could beat all 3. It's not some forgone conclusion by any means. He already beat Gus and almost knocked out DC. He has the power to KO anyone so for you to say he should not even try is ludicrous.

His power is scary. Skill goes out the window when your brain is sent into the exosphere. If DC beats him again and if he loses another after, he might want to go up.

Seriously, whats up with these Rumble HW threads? I know it's a compelling thought but you must've seen the 80 other ones?

And NO. 205 is obviously the perfect weight for him.

Mods, do the damn thing.

Jones DC and Gus (in a rematch) would all finish him.

PerkyPastAfricancivet.gif

If he couldn't secure a title in next year or so hell yes I would agree with him moving to HW.
A 240 lb AJ that's in shape.....talk about a human wrecking machine.

I think he gives Jones a fight though. Of course if he doesn't KO or TKO first or second round
against any of the top three in the division he's in trouble.

I don't see him beating DC in rematch but DC is getting old as fuck. I could see Gus beating him
in a rematch.

#1 I know you are trolling

#2 I want to see Rumble Vs Hunt or JDS tho

Yes, and for reasons other than listed. Namely, our entertainment.

I think he won't ever he able to beat the top three. Jones DC and Gus (in a rematch) would all finish him. He simply is one dimensional and dosen't have the skillset to be considered a top guy.

Do you guys think he should move to heavyweight? He may find some success there and it might be the best option for him at this stage in his career.
I believe anyone that can move up in weight should do it, and vice versa. I think theres more money in being a great HW fighter than in any other division.

Gus got TKOd by Rumble; Rumble proved he doesn't need to rematch Gus unless the time called for it again. When it comes to Jones and DC there's always a good shot of him KOing them. Rumble just KOd a top LHW contender; I don't see any reason why he can't knock out the best too.

With all that said I'd love to see Rumble at Heavyweight. Crazy to think Rumble used to make weight for welterweight.

Back