Should Phil Davis

DopeZach

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Go down to 185? He did very well against Glover in his last fight. But all I'm saying is even if he did end up getting a shot at Jones. Jones would dominate him. Davis mostly just has his grappling and he wouldn't be able to control jones. If cormier can't even control jones at all Davis wouldn't do anything. Maybe he would be able to grapplefuck guys at 185

No, I don't think it's the weight class he's struggling with. He seems to have a lack in fight IQ and tactics. His bad transitioning is also a key factor he will never fight the top of his division.

I don't even think he could make 185. He's a ripped 205 with virtually no body fat. If he could he would probably throw some dudes around better than at 205, but I think the main difference is that lately his opponents just know that he's coming with.

Gus beat Jones

Phil beat Gus

Hence Phil beats Jones.

Jones should move up to HW and run from Phil The Beast Davis

Phils fine where he is at. Hes gonna surprise a lot of people when he fights Jones

No, he's a top 10 LHW with a lot of potential still.

LOL at people saying Phil sucks. Phil is an absolute ELITE fighter. He dominated Glover worse than JBJ did. Phil could be top 2-3 grapplers at LHW. Yeah, his stand up isnt excellent but what he is good at, he is great at. Never count Phil out, especially in a sport where athletes can improve at an astounding rate.

The only thing that would surprise me is if he manages to not get finished.

Rumble didn't standing, and I can't see Jones subbing him. Then again, I also didn't see Karakhanyan subbing Bubba Jenkins, so I've been off as fuck as of late.

The only thing that would surprise me is if he manages to not get finished.

Jones would wreck him, for sure.

But doesn't mean he needs to drop down.

LHW division is already a barren wasteland, Phil leaving would suck.

Rumble didn't, and I can't see Jones subbing him. Then again, I also didn't see Karakhanyan subbing Bubba Jenkins.

Jones isn't Rumble, and it would be over the course of 5 rounds, not 3.

I could see Jones making it his goal to serve Davis his first loss via finish ever; since it would be kind of pointless to just beat Davis at wrestling.

Jones would wreck him, for sure.

But doesn't mean he needs to drop down.

LHW division is already a barren wasteland, Phil leaving would suck.

Davis is one of the biggest LHWs, no way is he making 185 without cutting off a leg.

He should stop deflating the Patriot's footballs. That's what he should do.

I could see Jones making it his goal to serve Davis his first loss via finish ever; since it would be kind of pointless to just beat Davis at wrestling.

Jones is not finishing Davis. Davis has a much better chance finishing Jones with a submission than Jones finishing him on the feet.

Jones is not finishing Davis. Davis has a much better chance finishing Jones with a submission than Jones finishing him on the feet.

Yeah, and DC had a much better chance of beating Jones with wrestling than Jones did of beating DC with wrestling.

:rolleyes:

Go down to 185? He did very well against Glover in his last fight. But all I'm saying is even if he did end up getting a shot at Jones. Jones would dominate him. Davis mostly just has his grappling and he wouldn't be able to control jones. If cormier can't even control jones at all Davis wouldn't do anything. Maybe he would be able to grapplefuck guys at 185

You actually strung together several ideas, not "just one thing" you are saying "all I am saying". 3/10. Troll harder next time, kid.

Davis is one of the biggest LHWs, no way is he making 185 without cutting off a leg.

Yeah shouldn't even be a discussion. Just annoying that it would even be suggested just because he won't be champion. He's coming off a win over Glover and he should beat Bader as well.

Never fails after a top 10 fighter loses a fight "he should drop down".. Stupid.

Yeah shouldn't even be a discussion. Just annoying that it would even be suggested just because he won't be champion. He's coming off a win over Glover and he should beat Bader as well.

Never fails after a top 10 fighter loses a fight "he should drop down".. Stupid.

Yeah, no reason for Davis to switch divisions just because he has a very small chance of beating the champ (if he can even earn a shot).

He can still make plenty of money since he is willing to fight Brazilians in Brazil.

Back