Should Pearson stay at 155 or go back to 145?

**for what it's worth does anyone know what Pearson's walk around weight between fights is? Maybe that's something for Ross to keep his eye on if he's ever considering venturing down to FW again

more competitive at FW under what basis? Pearson only had two fights at 145 and did so so, going 1-1. Plus Pearson himself stated that when he moved down he didn't feel as strong, and felt his punching power was lacking

so I don't see where you get the more competitive at FW, when the fighter himself admits dropping a division hurt him ... see below

The toll it took on him was painfully obvious.

OK cool, let him look faster at LW while going nowhere fast. He's middle of the pack at LW.

I wouldn't shut the door on Pearson so quickly, he's got pretty solid striking and defended the takedowns reasonably well vs G-Sot ... time isn't on his side at 29 years old, but I think he can get shit done up at Lightweight, and even if he is middle of the pack, good match making maybe he goes on a run

155 easily. He looked horrible at 145, the weight cut effected him too much.

I don't know how difficult the weight cut is for him, but I think that he can get better (in terms of main/ co-main) fights at FW. LW is the deepest division, and he'll get lost in the shuffle.

Definitely 155.

He didn't look bad at 145 at all. He was out muscling Cub Swanson for a while, I jus think Cub is a better fighter than him. He's pretty big at 145, he could do things there if he keeps improving.

People always ask, but there's always someone who feels like they haven't been represented in the options given. If you've been around Sherdog for any amount of time you know these idiots always come up w/ something to bitch about. Other is for those people.

lol, I'm not here to bitch about anything. I just picked other because I dont have an opinion on the matter.

I'd say stay, he looked good in his last fight and he seems more happy not cutting the weight.

more competitive at FW under what basis? Pearson only had two fights at 145 and did so so, going 1-1. Plus Pearson himself stated that when he moved down he didn't feel as strong, and felt his punching power was lacking

so I don't see where you get the more competitive at FW, when the fighter himself admits dropping a division hurt him ... see below
Simply look at the LW top 10 and the FW top 10 and tell me he wouldn't be more competitive at FW. Who is he more more likely to beat, Anthony Pettis or Erik Koch? Gray Maynard or Ricardo Lamas? It's pretty easy to see he'd be much more competitive against the top FWs. He might not feel as strong at FW, but I'm guessing he won't be feeling that strong at LW either if he ever gets the chance to fight somebody like Maynard, Chandler, Bendo or Tibau. Ross is a complete non-factor at LW, at FW he would be competitive with some of the top guys.

I wouldn't shut the door on Pearson so quickly, he's got pretty solid striking and defended the takedowns reasonably well vs G-Sot ... time isn't on his side at 29 years old, but I think he can get shit done up at Lightweight, and even if he is middle of the pack, good match making maybe he goes on a run
He's been given good matchmaking his entire career and he can't put any sort of run together. He still hasn't fought a single wrestler in his UFC career. Ross seems to be improving, but he's simply not a threat to the top guys at LW. He's not even a threat to gatekeepers like Tibau. Good striking with no power and a so-so overall game isn't going to get it done in arguably the best/deepest weight class in the sport. FW is still a developing division and there simply aren't as many guys that can completely overwhelm him there. But if he's given up on being a contender and only looking to put on good fights then he might as well save himself the cut and fight at LW.

Back