Should Nate get a title shot with a win?

BjPenn2016FW

delete this account
Banned
Reaction score
Fights at 170 so it doesnt really count on a Lightweights resume but/

If Nate somehow puts on a dominant performance and beats the man who was supposed to face the champ.. Does he deserve a title shot? He will have beaten Johnson and Conor in a row

Yes I know Dos Anjos steam rolled an out of shape Diaz

Last edited:
He would deserve to get the biggest money fight possible for him whether that be a title fight or not.

He beats the 145 pound champ at 170...

No, only Vitor earns title shots by fighting at other weight classes.

Which would probably be a rematch with McGregor

Could very well be. But when you beat the biggest star in the company (while being a pretty popular fighter yourself) you should be able to call a lot of your own shots. If Nate wanted a title fight after that then he'd deserve one.

Fights at 170 so it doesnt really count on a Lightweights resume but/

If Nate somehow puts on a dominant performance and beats the man who was supposed to face the champ.. Does he deserve a title shot? He will have beaten Johnson and Conor in a row

Yes I know Dos Anjos steam rolled an out of shape Diaz

I don't think so. Would I complain if he did? Probably not. But I just don't feel that beating MJ, and then taking a fight against someone who doesn't even fight at lightweight, and beats him at 170lbs should earn anyone a title shot at 155lbs.

I don't think so. Would I complain if he did? Probably not. But I just don't feel that beating MJ, and then taking a fight against someone who doesn't even fight at lightweight, and beats him at 170lbs should earn anyone a title shot at 155lbs.

Ya thats the common sense way to look at it.
It would be hard to throw Nate in front of the Khabib/Tony Ferg winner also

Ya thats the common sense way to look at it.
It would be hard to throw Nate in front of the Khabib/Tony Ferg winner also

Khabib is in a really weird spot right now. It's been so long since he fought it's gotten easier and easier to forget about him entirely every couple weeks. If he beats Ferguson you can't really deny him a shot, but they should most definitely set up a plan B from the time the fight is announced.

At 170? Nate vs Lawler would be epic probably a repeat of Nick vs Robbie

Nate is not going to go from beating the sport's biggest star on a PPV that does a million or so buys to headlining a FOX show or being thrown in as a co-main for another PPV against somebody like Alvarez or whomever. That just won't be happening. He'll be headlining another PPV the next time he fights regardless what's (or not) up for grabs.

I think a win over Conor would do a ton for him as far as momentum goes but I don't think you can sell Nate vs. RDA 2. That first fight was one of the most one sided beatdowns that I've ever seen in my life.

If Nate derailed that gravy train they would Khabib Nate so hard and fast.

If he wins the fight, he deserves everything good that will come him way.

Back