Should Faber consider moving back to 145?

Handawg

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I understand both TJ and Urijah are willing to fight under the right circumstances, but its kinda unclear on how Urijah's gonna get another shot. At FW, there are very interesting matchups for him (Frankie Edgar is just a dream fight that could really sell,) as well as guys like BJ, Korean Zombie, and Poirier.

Urijah's road to the BW belt is really unforeseeable atm, and I think a move to FW is what the UFC would want more than a Dillashaw/Faber matchup, but I could be wrong. Just a suggestion, anyone else want to see it?

He can't beat Aldo and he wont fight Mendes

I think he got left behind by that division.
He'd probably lose to at least 5-8 guys there.

He has a better chance against Dillashaw than he does against a Top 145'er.

I feel like Dana would make him stay at 135 just because hes the only big name in that division.

Faber should honestly only be looking for super fights from now on.

He's an incredible fighter, who unfortunately fights in 2 divisions in which he will never be champion.

Faber vs Edgar would be huge, and a fight everyone has been waiting to see.

He's an incredible fighter, who unfortunately fights in 2 divisions in which he will never be champion.

Agreed.

Would LOVE to see Faber vs. Edgar as well.

as above, Faber should only be taking superfights. He won't/can't cut to 125, he can't beat Aldo (and the guys at 145 are pretty huge nowadays). 135 I suppose is still possible if he wants to be champ, but that would mean that Dillashaw would have to lose his belt to somebody, and I don't see Faber beating Barao anytime soon unfortunately (actually, if dillashaw loses to assuncao, that means that Faber's in good territory).

So unless Dillashaw loses his belt, I think Faber should just take superfights from now on, maybe fight Cruz again, fight Edgar etc...

Edgar vs Faber is the closest style clash at the moment. it would be so dope

I could not agree more.

Also, let's not forget that Faber WAS the #1 FW in the world for a while, we shouldn't act like he was never great just because he never held a UFC belt

Faber needs to hope that Assuncao beats TJ. Then hope that Zuffa gives him the shot on the basis that it can be marketed as a huge grudge re-match - "Assuncao wants that loss back!"

(Of course, if some fluky shit happens and Bruce Leeroy ends up beating Urijah then there will probably not even be a remote possibility of Faber getting another shot at that BW belt.)

Faber should just hang out, Dillashaw having the belt may turn out to be his best shot at getting back to a belt even if it's not by beating Dillashaw.

Assuncao has a W against Dillashaw and an L against Faber. If the stars line up for him he could easily be champ again.

I think he should stay at 135 now that Barao lost. Even if so, 135 is easier to win than 145.

Faber should cut to 125. He is not a big BW anyways. He walks around 150 pounds. Barao is 160 pounds fight night. Faber can try to lose around 5-10 pounds, to make an effective cut to 125. If he wants a title- i think his best bet is Flyweight.

He's going to fight Dillashaw. Book it.

Faber should cut to 125. He is not a big BW anyways. He walks around 150 pounds. Barao is 160 pounds fight night. Faber can try to lose around 5-10 pounds, to make an effective cut to 125. If he wants a title- i think his best bet is Flyweight.

Very questionable weight cut. I don't think at this point in his career he'd be willing to cut the most weight he's ever cut, but with a dude as determined as Faber you never really know.

I think it's time to face the fact that Faber is going to be a top 5 gatekeeper for the rest of his career. Between not being able to beat Aldo/Barao and not wanting to fight TJ or Mendes, his chances of ever getting a UFC title again are slim to none

Faber should chop off his hair and cut to 125. Get some T3 and make it happen.

Back