Should Edmen Shahbazyan drop to WW?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
20170430021541_1DX_8791.JPG

He seem a bit smaller compared to other MW

His back is extremely broad and he's 6'2" which is taller than average for the division.

I don't think he makes WW without killing himself

He's definitely isn't physically gifted at MW compared to some other guys, but just needs to work on his strength and conditioning. He's 6'2. 170 might be too brutal of a cut especially after seeing his cardio.

He really needs to work on his cardio.
That was very disappointing to see how quickly he just gassed in the 2nd. The fight was clearly over before the 2nd ended.

Herb did a great job of stopping the fight.
Edmen was completely gassed going into the 3rd.

He was quite thick when he was young, his looks completely different now.. I think he's as thin as he's getting without Vick levels of awfulness.
maxresdefault.jpg
LDN-L-UFC235-SHAHBAZYAN-001-0301.jpg

No i think he is too big for 170 he is gonna kill himself if he drops to WW when i saw the stare down between him and Brunson i felt he is not too big for the MW division but he looks bigger in size than Brunson

No. He's quite big, just not ripped. I've never seen him look smaller than his opponents

Looked a lot bigger than Brunson.
<{vega}>

Before the fight : FUTURE MW GOAT

After the fight : Is Edmen too small for the division ?

20170430021541_1DX_8791.JPG

He seem a bit smaller compared to other MW

He has so many technical flaws and little experience that this really is the smallest of his problems. He just needs to go back to lesser opponents and work on his flaws at annother camp.

If he stays at Edmond he will never have a chance to really work on his weaknesses and stay a top 30 fighter no matter the weightclass.

He’s a big boy, not sure why you think 170 would be a good fit

Dana commented on how big he looked at the staredown.

Typical Sherdog. Fighter loses a fight so they must leave the division. Couldn't make it up

He looked physically weak and a bit lacking in terms of athleticism to be honest. It looked like Brunson vs. a run-of-the-mill mid-roster guy rather than a supposed top prospect. Look at the fight that Heinisch gave Brunson and you think 'shit, maybe this kid isn't all he's cracked up to be'.

Hes 22, lost his first real test - it's not panic time. Lets see what adjustments he makes and to whom. Fans build these guys up and something like last night happens AND everything comes into question. Let's give Brunson some credit - he was treated like someone who didnt have much a shot and the question became not " if " he lost but in what manner.

Back