should dominick reassess his wide punching

Number1StockBroker

Making that money, to get them honeys.
Banned
Reaction score
we all seen that cody throws his punches short and not long but with cruz he throws his punches wide, isnt this all wrong with cruz. to me it is faster to land a punch shorter than wider.

Why should he when it brought him to the dance to begin with? He, like many of us, probably wasn't prepared for that version of Cody to show up.

I think Dominick is one of the best, but when people was saying that he had one of the best striking ever, had great boxing, was better than Conor on the feet and other things, I was like, the fuck are they thinking

Dominick striking always looked weird to me, and his boxing is not that good as he has been throwing punches like Khabib does.

Cody is the much better fighter.

It's retarded to throw these wide sloppy punches inside the pocket and he got demolished for it.

I think Dominick is one of the best, but when people was saying that he had one of the best striking ever, had great boxing, was better than Conor on the feet and other things, I was like, the fuck are they thinking

Dominick striking always looked weird to me, and his boxing is not that good as he has been throwing punches like Khabib does.

yeah i i always thought his punching was weird too. his movement and evasion is great but i feel he should shorten his punching to land faster.

it only works against midgets, which dom has feasted on his entire career

we all seen that cody throws his punches short and not long but with cruz he throws his punches wide, isnt this all wrong with cruz. to me it is faster to land a punch shorter than wider.

It's never been efficient offensively. You can't generate power that way, and makes it harder to counter, but it also makes it easier to get not get hit, which is why he does it.

Ali's approach to it is much more balanced and simple, and I think it works better being less complex instead of digging into the movements so deeply that you are always having to strike from wierd angle like Cruz.

I always thought that was his style of getting in and out quick, I really thought he had crisper boxing but didn't show it often because the darting in and out worked well enough. Pleasantly surprised that Cody schooled him so well and trolled him, i hope both get even better because of that fight.

Everyone needs to chill out.

Dom ran into a bad matchup for the first time in a long time in his career, and sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles. His style beats a lot of guys so he doesn't need to change much.

If Killashaw dominates Garbrandt, Cruz is back in line with a title shot imo. As far as I'm concerned with Cody, that kid is Cruz's kryptonite. Dom has no answers for that guy.

While people may rave about Cruz' footwork, his striking is basically wild bolo punches that have nothing behind them, although they do come from weird angles that help to set up takedowns.

I always thought that was his style of getting in and out quick, I really thought he had crisper boxing but didn't show it often because the darting in and out worked well enough. Pleasantly surprised that Cody schooled him so well and trolled him, i hope both get even better because of that fight.

His boxing is actually fairly crisp from the angles he's coming from, but he misses a lot of the fundamentals and angles because of the focus on his stance and movement. Look at how he throws a lot of his jabs. I always thought somebody that had decent boxing, and footwork to make him miss on the counters would beat him, and I thought TJ would do it, but he didn't.

Dom did a lot of things right in this fight by trying to plant his feet more and be more convential, but you could tell it was awkward and he needs more training and adaptation before he can use it properly against Garbrandt.

He should reassess his superior attitude.

Back