Should Cruz get a title shot upon return? (again)

Charlestonboy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Let's say he makes a return in December. Does he fight for the belt?

I say no. Make him fight another top 10. I love the guy but he is too much of a liability at this point. Its risky as he could easily pull out of the main event with injury. Or worse win the title, then get injured and be out for X amount of time.

might as well give him an immediate title shot. Win or lose he will blow out both knees before he gets a 2nd fight

Cruz is such an unknown at this point because of the knees. If he makes it back, then yes, give the man a crack at the title.

i guess the landscape could be very different by december.... he would deserve one i guess but it's a risky strategy... who knows what his professional fighting timeline looks like... he's had a number of bad injuries and perhaps they'll think twice about potentially having him as champ when he may pull out for a significant time period again

i think he has to get a couple of wins to prove he can be healthy for long enough

has he earned it? Can you think of any other former champs with 1 win in 3 years that get an immediate title shot? Having said that, it is the UFC so when he comes back they will probably give him a shot against Jose Aldo 😐

Yes. If only because giving him a warm up fight or something is waaaay too risky. The guy's a permacrock and he'll probably only be fit for one fight before he tears something.

That answer just depends on the state of the division when he comes back. He hasn't been a factor for so long now, I don't think he deserves a no questions asked title shot anymore

Ah man, such a contentious question. He looked like a world beater against Mizugaki. But with all the injuries you don't want to risk him getting injured if you give him an immediate title shot, nor do you want to risk him winning a #1 contender bout and then getting injured when he has the title shot secured. I guess it really just depends on what his timetable is and what he can do to address these repeat injuries. It really sucks because you have to wonder what would have been if he had never gotten hurt.

no he will likely get hurt again,he is too fragile.i think assuncao is most deserving and underrated fighter at bw

Fuck no!

Can you imagine if he won? Blowing out his knees a week later? Cant have any more of that noise.

Absolutely. injured fighters deserve way more than active fighters

Yes. If only because giving him a warm up fight or something is waaaay too risky. The guy's a permacrock and he'll probably only be fit for one fight before he tears something.

What's a permacrock, Walter?

No, at this point, his ability to stay healthy is in serious question and he should take at least two fights and remain healthy before offering a title shot. I mean, what good would him winning the title going to do if he ends up sidelined for injuring himself again?

If he can get through two fights without another serious injury, then maybe.

No. He needs to end the rubber match with Faber under non title circumstances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back