Should Conor get a title shot after beating Cowboy?

Justin wants one coming off a Cowboy win so why not Conor? I would rather Justin got it but I wouldn't claim that the sport is a joke or is dying or whatever if Conor fgot it, at the end of the day this is entertainment and if more people want to see Conor vs Khabib 2 than Khabib vs Justin then there is nothing wrong with the UFC following the money.

They should let Tom Brady play in the super bowl.

Or Jay-Z.

They’re both pretty famous, right?

i hope cowboy knocks the lucky charms out conors @$$ lol

If Cowboy gets one after beating Conor. If it doesn't go both ways it doesn't make sense.

Apparently he wants Mas next. It makes me laugh though because Conor fans NOW consider the BMF belt a gimmick tool for the casuals, but will end up considering it a real legit championship belt if Conor fights for it LOL.

Yes. I know there is an argument with Geathje with his 3 wins but you also have to factor in how much less of a draw Khabib/Geathje would be. Also does anyone really believe Geathje can beat Khabib? Also beating a 170 Cowboy is a lot more impressive than beating the 155 dehydrated anorexic version.

Everyone is calling for Gathje to get the next shot against Khabib/Tony after beating a 155 pound Cerrone.

Conor beating a 170 pound Cerrone would be far more impressive.
Conor vs usman then?

Definitely not, but he probably will anyway.

No, if it was a shot at 170, you clearly have Masvidal and Edwards way ahead and a win over a guy not ranked there anymore doesn’t merit a title shot.

At 155, it’s a win over a guy ranked there however it’s also a guy on a two fight losing streak and the fight isn’t taking place in the weight class. So still, doesn’t merit a title shot.

You’re a Conor fanboy if you think this puts him ahead of any of the top contenders in either weight class. He should still be 1-2 more top wins away.

Cerrone will answer this question by a headkick

At any weight he wishes?

nope, not even close in earning a title shot. first off he's fighting at 170 that has nothing to do with the LW division nor does beating cerrone mean anything in regards to getting a title shot at LW.

the only one who benefits is cerrone if he beats conor, he gets a big pay day and bragging rights like diaz and kahbib.

conor still loses if he wins, nothing special beating an older and veteran cerrone who isn't even a top contender at 170...it's not like conor is fighting ferguson, gaethje, or someone worthy at LW.

kahbib is right conor doesn't deserve another shot until he wins a few fights at LW against top opponents, he needs at least 2 fights against top quality opponents, maybe if he gets past the #2 and #1 contender at LW and then see what plays out after ferguson/kahbib if it actually happens and nobody pulls out, if conor wins the next two fights not including cerrone since that is at 170 then possibly consider a title shot against whoever has the LW belt.

Last edited:

At any weight he wishes?
Fuck no. He'd need at least 1 more top win against a legit contender like Gaethje or Masvidal, depending on what weight he wants to go.

Of course. A king is allowed to make his own decisions.
D39BE2nXkAEhpjg.jpg

When was the last time Masvidal lost? 2017. When was the last time Conor won? 2016. Doesn't seem so funny to me.

Just saying the word Masvidal in the same paragraph as Conor is laughable.

Just saying the word Masvidal in the same paragraph as Conor is laughable.
Yeah I bet you find many things funny and have to tell others why it's so funny. No surprise you have a yellow card. But carry on.

It's the right fight to make for the UFC if both Conor and Khabib win their upcoming fights. The first fight was massive and the biggest fight revenue wise in the companies history, 2.4million PPV buys and a huge gate. The rematch would do bigger numbers considering the personal differences between them and what happened since then. There is a window of about two years to make a rematch like this before it loses it's luster. And two years will be this fall.

Many fans will criticize this potential title shot because of Conors inactivity only having one win in over 3 years. And fighting Cowboy coming of two losses being ranked #5 at LW, in addition the fight being at WW. Based on that I personally don't have a issue with this considering there are no other contenders aside Gaethje. Both guys would have a win over Cowboy in this case. Gaethje has two wins behind him and two losses, while Conor was the last champion at LW prior to Khabib. Neither guy tbh has done phenomenal things to be the clear #1 contender like Tony, Khabib or RDA in the past.

I can go either way on this one. I personally would like to see Gaethje get the fight as that is the fight I want to see.

Apparently he wants Mas next. It makes me laugh though because Conor fans NOW consider the BMF belt a gimmick tool for the casuals, but will end up considering it a real legit championship belt if Conor fights for it LOL.

I agree he should fight Mas next. That BMF belt is bullshit but at least could bring some good matchups. I'm still not cool with it getting a PPV main event but Conor vs Cerrone is headlining a shit card anyway with no fake belt so might as well book it.

Back