Should be Jan vs Glover and Izzy vs Jones or Whittaker

MCS

Tech
@Steel
Reaction score
Because Glover's 41-years-old. On a 5-fight win streak. Is now ranked as the top contender. He doesn't have much time. Give the shot to him now.

If he wins then Glover vs Izzy is a more intriguing fight than Izzy vs Jan, as Glover's top game BJJ is top class. This means Glover has a more realistic chance to win than Jan with the power striking, imo. While if Jan wins he has a title defense. Makes him more legit and the Izzy and Jones fights get bigger.

Izzy has options. Could try to get the Jones fight. Or could rematch Whittaker and move up after that. Whittaker has said he'll take that fight in March.

Otherwise I think what will happen is Izzy beats Jan, then Jones challenges Izzy for the 205 belt. While Glover sits out a year or more. Or takes on one of these young LHW contenders, which is a big risk.

For once they should think long-term.

Why isn't Jones out of the equation? He has deliberately given up the title at lhw. I'm not saying he couldn't make weight or anything, but why would he be fighting Israel in a non-title bout? That's simply not gonna happen.

Agreed TS. Glover should definitely get the next LHW shot. Him and Jan would be a barn burner. Whittaker and Izzy rematch for MW. Jones retired. Should start making all these fighters that retire stay out for at least a year. That would stop so many people retiring after every fight.

Izzy vs. jones without a belt on the line looses a bit of its luster. Totally with you that Glover should be next though.

4LT2eN1.jpg

@bigwaverider

fuck the superfights, Izzy has a good run on MW but Jan has 0 defenses at LHW

give old man Glover another shot, he deserves it

Reactions: MCS
Because Glover's 41-years-old. On a 5-fight win streak. Is now ranked as the top contender. He doesn't have much time. Give the shot to him now.

If he wins then Glover vs Izzy is a more intriguing fight than Izzy vs Jan, as Glover's top game BJJ is top class. This means Glover has a more realistic chance to win than Jan with the power striking, imo. While if Jan wins he has a title defense. Makes him more legit and the Izzy and Jones fights get bigger.

Izzy has options. Could try to get the Jones fight. Or could rematch Whittaker and move up after that. Whittaker has said he'll take that fight in March.

Otherwise I think what will happen is Izzy beats Jan, then Jones challenges Izzy for the 205 belt. While Glover sits out a year or more. Or takes on one of these young LHW contenders, which is a big risk.

For once they should think long-term.
Why would Izzy fight Jon without the title on the line. Fighting Jan (a winnable fight) for title shot money then defending against Jon makes the most sense. Whittaker isn't even asking for a title shot at this point and got starched not too long ago. I say go to LHW and let the MW division create a clear contender then go back down.

I would agree with this if we get to see Izzy vs Jones but I am sure Jones would fight Izzy once Izzy has a belt and I believe Izzy wont fight Jones now that he doesnt have a belt. Izzy would rather fight Jan for the belt to stick it to Jones.

Why would Izzy fight Jon without the title on the line. Fighting Jan (a winnable fight) for title shot money then defending against Jon makes the most sense. Whittaker isn't even asking for a title shot at this point and got starched not too long ago. I say go to LHW and let the MW division create a clear contender then go back down.

He wants to beat Jones more than the title. He's not alone. But I agree, with Izzy as champ the Jones fight becomes bigger. I'm not sure if Jon fights Izzy in a non-title fight. But it's an option.

Whittaker was nice about it. Kid coming up. Yet was interviewed later where he said he wants the Izzy fight, just not before Match, cuz family. Him vs Jared was the top contender fight and Dana wants it as well. It's not the best rematch because the 1st was very one-sided.

I'm thinking big picture, like it's laid out in the OP.

Back