Should bare knuckle be legal?

Most of the fights weren't that bloody

A MMA fight can look just as barbaric if someone gets sliced with an elbow

Hope BKFC blows up
Card was a lot of fun

it's just superficial damage bro, don't be so squeamish

these guys take way more actual brain damage from kicks/knees to the head and ground and pound from padded fists

I enjoyed it, but I think it's just too brutal for the general public and, more importantly, the politicians.

And I found that prelim fight worrisome: that old guy really did look like he was going to die from a heart attack. If they let these old and obviously out of shape slobs fight, something like that could very well happen, and that'll be all she wrote.

I dunno actually. its pretty fucked up

yes it should be legal but id never do it i think its completely stupid u could honestly only have like 3 of those bouts u could not fight 3 times a year

You get cut way easier from bare knuckle punches, and you also have a higher risk of breaking hands/fingers.

I think a better sport would be boxing with UFC gloves. Boxing gloves are way too weak and too easy to defend punches with. UFC gloves can slip straight through your guard, right down the middle. That's what makes UFC striking better in my opinion.

I enjoyed the hell out of the main event. It was brought to us by the just bleed gods

but god damn was it barbaric. I dont think I could take a date to watch that kind of event.
You some kind of 2000s baby new age pussy? Getting into a fist fight is half the fun of growing up.

It's not safer when fighters continue to take repeated punches after a knockdown. MMA is safer, because it allows for more opportunities to finish fast, which is much more preferable to taking punches after going down, since the brain is especially vulnerable to subsequent damage after getting rattled.

this

in mma you dont take near a smnay big shots to the face and careers last lot longer boxings a young mans sport mma guys prime in 30s vs boxers in early 20s

We should start fighting with these claw blades
maxresdefault (5).jpg

I enjoyed the hell out of the main event. It was brought to us by the just bleed gods

but god damn was it barbaric. I dont think I could take a date to watch that kind of event.

How is it any different than what BJ did to Joe Stevenson or what Cain did to Big Foot?

It's safer than boxing and MMA so yes.
I understand the logic behind it being safer but they were throwing just as hard as with gloves. blew my mind how they were able to throw like that for 5 rounds

It's not safer when fighters continue to take repeated punches after a knockdown. MMA is safer, because it allows for more opportunities to finish fast, which is much more preferable to taking punches after going down, since the brain is especially vulnerable to subsequent damage after getting rattled.

Misconception. People think boxing gloves protect the opponent's head. It doesn't. Its for the hands. Repeated blows with a slight cushion vs. less blows with a harder surface. Same is true of MMA gloves.

Boxing gloves lead to more CTE.

Edit:

I can't believe in in an MMA thread that is actually debating whether bare knuckle is ok

You guys sound like butt hurt John McCain

Limit it to 3 rounds.
The last 2 were uncomfortable viewing.

Watching less evolved people beat the shit out of each other for my entertainment.

Mma has fighters’ heads being out between the canvas and someone’s fists.

Neither is safer than the other.

Back