Should Anthony Pettis use leg kicks against cable guy?

I dont know what you think youre teaching me. Everyone knows bjj is more than just submissions. Ive seen Bendo/Gil fight many many times. Theyve never been great bjj guys, they are not known for bjj.

Compare them to good bjj fighters like tony, ortega, maia, jacare etc and see the skill difference.

They are competent from years of experience but not exactly talented, imo. They dont qualify as good bjj guys in my book.

Certainly not on tonys level. So, to say since pettis submitted bendo and gil so he can submit tony is a little bit of a reach, considering tony is so much better. Thats basically my point.
You’re trying to say that because they’re not elite, they’re not even good.

That’s laughable and stupid.

There’s levels to this shit, and yeah, not everyone gets to be Damien fucking Maia. Are you fucking serious right now. That doesn’t mean they’re not good because they’re not Jacare cunting Souza. what the hell is the matter with you.

You’re trying to say that because they’re not elite, they’re not even good.

That’s laughable and stupid.

There’s levels to this shit, and yeah, not everyone gets to be Damien fucking Maia. Are you fucking serious right now. That doesn’t mean they’re not good because they’re not Jacare cunting Souza. what the hell is the matter with you.

Good/great/excellent=subjective

Yeah there is levels, and their level is below anthony pettis. I dont consider them good but my standards for good are high. Try not to get too upset about it.

Good/great/excellent=subjective

Yeah there is levels, and their level is below anthony pettis. I dont consider them good but my standards for good are high. Try not to get too upset about it.
Your standards aren’t “high,” they’re just uneducated and ill-considered. I get annoyed when uneducated people run off at the mouth when they don’t know what they’re talking about, as most educated people do.

Your standards aren’t “high,” they’re just uneducated and ill-considered. I get annoyed when uneducated people run off at the mouth when they don’t know what they’re talking about, as most educated people do.

It has to do with personal opinion on what I consider good. Obviously your interpretation of good and mine are different. Kevin Lee is good, Rockhold is good, Benson is not. That may sound harsh but that is the standards I go by. Yes, they seem to be higher than yours.

Try to understand Im not saying he sucks, but as far as being "good", by my standards he is not.

Im sorry you cant accept another persons opinion that is different from your own.

Last edited:
Am I wrong? Neither of them are bjj fighters. Benson used to get caught in submissions all the time but got out due to flexibility, which is why people started calling him bendo. Hes no bjj guy.

I dont think gilbert has ever submitted anyone.

Compare them to skilled bjj fighters and theres no comparison really. Tony is on a whole different level. Pettis isnt subbing Tony.

Bendo is a BJJ black belt though.

It has to do with personal opinion on what I consider good.

Im sorry you cant accept another persons opinion that is different from your own.
Not all opinions are equal and not all are worth accepting.

What you consider good is based on various factors — what you’re judging good on is uneducated. Therefore, your opinion on the matter should either be corrected or discarded. You don’t seem intelligent enough to be capable of changing your opinion, so you hide behind the claim that your standards are high. No; again, they’re just uneducated.

Not all opinions are equal and not all are worth accepting.

What you consider good is based on various factors — what you’re judging good on is uneducated. Therefore, your opinion on the matter should either be corrected or discarded. You don’t seem intelligent enough to be capable of changing your opinion, so you hide behind the claim that your standards are high. No; again, they’re just uneducated.
I don’t agree with him either but you insulting him isn’t doing wonders for your point

Bendo is a BJJ black belt though.

Saki was a k1 champion who got knocked out by a 4-2 ultimate fighter. Overeem was a k1 gp winner who gets knocked out left and right.

I prefer not to look too deeply into accolades because they dont always tell the story.

I judge fighters based on what they can do in the cage.

Saki was a k1 champion who got knocked out by a 4-2 ultimate fighter. Overeem was a k1 gp winner who gets knocked out left and right.

I prefer not to look too deeply into accolades because they dont always tell the story.

I judge fighters based on what they can do in the cage.

If that's the case, give these guys credit. Pettis has plenty of subs and so does Cucuy. Judge them based on what they can do in the cage.

I don’t agree with him either but you insulting him isn’t doing wonders for your point
Oh yeah, you’re right. We should all just be nice to people calling jiu jitsu and MMA world champs bad at jiu jitsu based on getting caught in one fight.

I hope Pettis uses his leg kicks to kick Tony in the head until Tony is concussed.

Oh yeah, you’re right. We should all just be nice to people calling jiu jitsu and MMA world champs bad at jiu jitsu based on getting caught in one fight.
I think he’s trying to say that Bendo and Gill weren’t submission artists, not so much that they suck cause they got caught.

Of course, BJJ is more than subs and I would put Bendos ground game over Tony imo

I think he’s trying to say that Bendo and Gill weren’t submission artists, not so much that they suck cause they got caught.

Of course, BJJ is more than subs and I would put Bendos ground game over Tony imo
That’s a charitable interpretation. If he had said that, there wouldn’t be comments on his lack of education and intelligence. However, the words he’s chosen to use are “they’re not good at BJJ,” which mean a much different thing than what you are saying.

Should Anthony Pettis kick in a fight?

tenor.gif

Am I wrong? Neither of them are bjj fighters. Benson used to get caught in submissions all the time but got out due to flexibility, which is why people started calling him bendo. Hes no bjj guy.

I dont think gilbert has ever submitted anyone.

Compare them to skilled bjj fighters and theres no comparison really. Tony is on a whole different level. Pettis isnt subbing Tony.

Even the part about Benson's nickname was wrong lol

Sweep the leg, utilize strategic eye pokes and, should the referee complain, reiterate that it isn’t your fault the opponent he keeps running into your fingers.

Back