• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Short Legs Are Extremely Unsightly

Photo 3 in op looks pretty decently leggy..
Those other gals need to choose better bikini styles fo sho.
Photoshopping ads often includes making a models legs longer; that looks the case in the first girl of the goat legs post

That's what i mean by short legs.. Relative proportions. Long torsos and short legs are not ideal for women. It makes sense that they gear their fashion and beauty strategies to combat this. Long legs are obviously idealized.

Relative long legs that is...

Even still, tall people will generally still appear long-legged because 1. in absolute terms they are long in the legs and 2. volumetrically bone grows substantially more longitudinally

This is why shorter people are always visually stockier... You have ethnic groups like Pacific Islanders that have crazy thickness and stockiness, but even then they do not grow bones laterally as much as vertically

Long legs are rare in Asian and Caucasian ethnic groups due to human genetic variation and environmental pressures. The body type can retain more heat and energy from being dissipated so that the organs can be protected etc. The novelty factor adds to the attraction on top of the aesthetics appeal. Long limbs are good for hot environment which is why you tend to see these adaptations in Africans and those of African descent.

Photo 3 in op looks pretty decently leggy..
Those other gals need to choose better bikini styles fo sho.
Photoshopping ads often includes making a models legs longer; that looks the case in the first girl of the goat legs post
You'll notice girls will wear high leg cut bikini bottoms as it's back in style (I think this is a good thing)
wrc6qf-l-610x610-swimwear-white-high+cut-brazilian-high+cut+leg-high+cut+swim-bikini-bikini-bikini+bottoms-brazilian+bikini-tumblr-instagram.jpg

Notice how the combination of a big ass/hips + the high leg cut bikini bottoms creates an illusion of a smaller torso. You can notice the position of her navel/belly button and vagina that her torso is not as small as it appears, and subsequently her legs aren't as long as they look.

Long legs are rare in Asian and Caucasian ethnic groups due to human genetic variation and environmental pressures. The body type can retain more heat and energy from being dissipated so that the organs can be protected etc. The novelty factor adds to the attraction on top of the aesthetics appeal. Long limbs are good for hot environment which is why you tend to see these adaptations in Africans and those of African descent.
Posts like this and "typical asian chicks are flat" reminds me that I've bagged the unicorns of my ethnicity. Feels good mang.

Correct. It's called Allen's Rule. However it really isn't as simple as that. Or else all indigenous populations near the equator would have the same body morphology/anthropometry, but this is not the case. There are pygmy African types in Central/South Africa that have short relative legs. This is a different geographical location compared to the classical African phenotype. South Sudanese are the most dramatic example of short torso long leg.

FUN FACT: Australian Aborigines are pretty much the only other group of people that can match the relative limb lengths of the African types.

Allen's rule is an ecogeographical rule formulated by Joel Asaph Allen in 1877,[1][2] broadly stating that animals adapted to cold climates have relatively short limbs.[3] In more detail, it states that homeothermic animals in hot climates have low volume-to-surface and high surface-to-volume ratios due to thermal adaptation while homeothermic animals in cold climates have high volume-to-surface and low surface-to-volume ratios due to thermal adaptation.

Long legs are aesthetically and athletically superior.

This is not a correct statement. Long legs are a disadvantage in lifting weights with the exception of pulling exercises. Brachiomorphic body types usually dominate this domain. There is a place for everyone to exemplify their traits.

How dare you insult those perfect proportions for olympic weightlifting!

squats%2Blong%2Bvs%2Bshort%2Btorso%2Bcropped.jpg

Correct. It's called Allen's Rule. However it really isn't as simple as that. Or else all indigenous populations near the equator would have the same body morphology/anthropometry, but this is not the case. There are pygmy African types in Central/South Africa that have short relative legs. This is a different geographical location compared to the classical African phenotype. South Sudanese are the most dramatic example of short torso long leg.

FUN FACT: Australian Aborigines are pretty much the only other group of people that can match the relative limb lengths of the African types.

Allen's rule is an ecogeographical rule formulated by Joel Asaph Allen in 1877,[1][2] broadly stating that animals adapted to cold climates have relatively short limbs.[3] In more detail, it states that homeothermic animals in hot climates have low volume-to-surface and high surface-to-volume ratios due to thermal adaptation while homeothermic animals in cold climates have high volume-to-surface and low surface-to-volume ratios due to thermal adaptation.

The humans that left Africa all had more or less similar variants in their genome the rest still resided in the motherland. Despite their phenotypic variations you see similar patterns across the continents.

I love stubby legs so long as they got dem thighs

tumblr_o1blunaEL91rmv1vdo1_400.gif

wwe%2Bfap%2B11.gif

PastelJoyousGalapagoshawk.gif

This is not a correct statement. Long legs are a disadvantage in lifting weights with the exception of pulling exercises. Brachiomorphic body types usually dominate this domain. There is a place for everyone to exemplify their traits.
It's my subjective conclusion. There is little to no money in lifting weights and in strength sports. Long legs are hands down superior for big money sports.

I believe long legs are superior because they are advantageous in the sports that count. Money talks.

If someone took the time to measure relative leg length of NBA and NFL players, I guarantee it would dwarf the general public. But we already know this, because we know ethnic variation in anthropometry, and we know what ethnic group dominates the NBA and NFL.

CORRECTION: Not all leg lengths are the same. The legs consist of the Femur and Tibia/Fibula. As far as squatting goes, only femur length matters. Femur length compared to torso length. Tibial length barely effects the equation. Greg Nuckols came to this conclusion too in an article he wrote. Hypothetically longer tibias might be advantageous for a more upright olympic style squat as it could generate more knee torque.. But that's speculation.

Dooooood, and people say I think about odd things! Lol

As far as bench pressing goes, forearm length is the worst. It increases range of motion and doesn't really give any benefits.

Humerus length is different. It creates a longer lever which makes benching harder, but at the same time it decreases range of motion as it widens your effective grip. A longer humerus bone also has the advantage of more tricep/deltoid mass.

Agreed, long legs is so much better obviously..

I've never really been into short women before. I would fuck them if they were hot but I would never date a super short woman .. when you're opening their legs you I just get this weird idea I'm about to fuck a midget.

Still not as bad as cankles though....that's the worst of the worst. Just disgusting

It's my subjective conclusion. There is little to no money in lifting weights and in strength sports. Long legs are hands down superior for big money sports.

I believe long legs are superior because they are advantageous in the sports that count. Money talks.

If someone took the time to measure relative leg length of NBA and NFL players, I guarantee it would dwarf the general public. But we already know this, because we know ethnic variation in anthropometry, and we know what ethnic group dominates the NBA and NFL.

CORRECTION: Not all leg lengths are the same. The legs consist of the Femur and Tibia/Fibula. As far as squatting goes, only femur length matters. Femur length compared to torso length. Tibial length barely effects the equation. Greg Nuckols came to this conclusion too in an article he wrote. Hypothetically longer tibias might be advantageous for a more upright olympic style squat as it could generate more knee torque.. But that's speculation.

NBA and NFL or any all field sports they will do exceptionally well as you can see advantages for dolicomorphic individiuals doing well in those sports as long legs can store more elastic power amd cover distances etc. The fact it's popular shouldn't be a large variable to that conclusion because it goes to illustrate that other body types can do good in that domain as well think pf Barry Sanders. You can have success also vice versa but the general nature of that is not the case usually in weightlifting where it's clear certain body types dominate . The limiting factor inevitably becomes the individuals CNS capabilities to generate force.

The distance and energy needed to be generated to lift the same weight as someone with short legs makes them less efficient. They would dominate in the snatch but suffer in the clean and jerk. As for the squat long tibia and femur individuals also have a tough time squatting relative to the shorter leg individuals. What Greg says should be explored though.

Back