shooto gloves

flyingknee16

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
the gloves gear and equipment thread is so long that i can't be arsed to look for info on gloves that are probably more niche than others.

anyway, i needed some new mma gloves and i was thinking shooto gloves. has anyone had any experience with any kind of shooto glove (i.e. official ones, thunder, the no name $20 ones from jiujitsugi.com), etc, i would really like as much info i can get on these gloves, as well as your experiences using them and if you think they are a good investment. xiexie!

I've only used the Ouano's and the fairtex's which my friend owns. Personally, they are a great investment, a bit pricey but shelling out the money for the gloves is worth it in the long run. I can go pretty full on with them because they are so padded.

www.ouano.com

~Foz

okay, cool.

and also, does anyone think that using these gloves will hinder me when i start fighting in gladiator challenge or something where they use open fingered gloves?

no, they shouldnt. I have grappled with no finger gloves, and with ouano shooto ones, and i never have trouble getting a solid grip. But then again it differs from hand to hand... Kinda hard to give advice on that one, but in personal oppinion you should be fine dude. If anything, by trying harder with the finger imposements, it will make you realiser how easy it will be in the ring with different gloves

~Foz

I have the Ouano ones and they don't hinder grappling at all in my opinion but its all about preference as Foz has stated.

i think the shooto gloves look mad cool and i like how there is extra padding on the fist part, overall i think they seem like high quality gloves that will be good for training and sparring. i'll probably give em a go and buy em soon (the ouano official shooto ones).

anyone else have any thoughts?

my suggestion would be to try the Ouano,Fairtex,or Combat Sports ineternational gloves.After having used all thre,I can say they're all top notch,can't go wrong with any of them.The Fairtex have the thickest padding,but surprisingly Ive found them easier to grapple with than the Ouano gloves,I think because the Ouano gloves are squared off at the back of the padding.I currrently own Ouano gloves and the Fairtex gloves.

but there arent any MMA stores around here and most people i know use centurys.

Back