Shootboxing Pants: Where to get them?

Cryomancer

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Any ideas?

030923_kak_sb_04_01_b.jpg

350px-Shoot_boxing_match.jpg

Honestly...they just kinda look a lot like Under Armour long-legged tights...

Those are spats. (Shinya Aoki and Satoru Kitaoka wear them. So do some other fighters, but those are the two that come to mind right away.

RVDDW sells them, but good luck getting a pair in the US. You could maybe check through ChokeSports.com but be prepared to pay ridiculous amounts of money for them.

Are these for competition or for practice? If for practice (eliminate mat burn, etc. for those who question) try out the asics aptitude tight. Its around $30 at combat sports, holds up pretty well.
If this is for competition and you want a real shootboxing pant, I have no idea. You might be able to get something made if you go to a tailor or something though.

**Edit: Having now checked out the reversal website, the asics tights look effectively the same. They don't have a bunch of different printing on them or contrast stitching, but they have a drawcord, grip stuff at the ankle, and I guarantee they cost less.

Thanks for the reply guys! Andy Souwers uses them too.

I'm based in Australia btw:)

Thanks for the reply guys! Andy Souwers uses them too.

I'm based in Australia btw:)

That would be b/c Andy Souwer made his name in Shootboxing before he went to K-1 ;o)

lmao everyone wanst magic submission pants now---aoki is bringing them back

I bought some leggings out of concern of getting staph. I also always trie to wear a pair of gi pants while rolling.

lmao everyone wanst magic submission pants now---aoki is bringing them back

Hell yeah! I can mounted gogoplata people with my shit now. Aoki knows best, its all the pants all the way.

Oh, you can also get long spats from vitaminsandminerals.com

I think the RVDDW and the V&M tights are different than the Asics tights though. I've used thbe asics tights for wrestling (in high school to avoid skin disease) and they're pretty thin. The material looks much thicker on these (RVDDW and V&M) tights. Also, I think the texture on the material may be a bit different and less slippery than the asics tights.

I think Cryomancer wants to make himself a Sub-Zero costume via the pants in pic 1

Oops, the link takes you the main catalogue page, the pants are the AS trousers.

if you want some cheap ones --just google for running lyrca pants--most running stores sell them

Back