Shogun still ducking Glover??

BJPenn2012

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's been like how many years now and IMO this matchup makes more sense than Glover vs Cummins, only winnable top ten fight for Shogun I believe.

Glo hits to hard, Shogun cant handle that any more.

Shogun is gonna get a shoulder surgery. We aint gonna see him for a while.

Glover is too good to fight shogun.

What a waste of a fight.

Winnable fight? You kidding? Shogun needs to retire asap.

Let's say he does win, do you wanna see him get his face bashed in anymore? He might be punch drunk by now. If he's not, I'm surprised.

Whether or not Shogun wants to admit it, Glover is in a different weightclass. Shogun can't hang with him, Bader, Jones, Gustafsson, etc...

Fight can only end with Shogun getting knocked out or subbed. He has been getting rocked and finished left and right by everybody. Shogun needs to be fighting other faded former legends like Small Nog and Rampa Jackson.

i have a hard time believing someone like shogun is scared to fight anyone. Just cause someone like you would be scared to fight that strong looking dude at your local gym, doesn't mean a pro fighter would intentionally run away from an opponent

Glover is in a good spot for a title shot if Jones doesn't come back. Shogun absolutely ducked him, but there's better fights for Glover right now. In a year? Sure, make the fight. I want to see it badly, out of all the fights I've seen, Glover's first ufc fight against Kingsbury still sticks in my head.

i have a hard time believing someone like shogun is scared to fight anyone. Just cause someone like you would be scared to fight that strong looking dude at your local gym, doesn't mean a pro fighter would intentionally run away from an opponent

he did duck glover tho

Not a good match up, Rampage vs shogun would be more fair.

Just like Tyrone was scared to fight Lombard by golly Shogun was scared to fight Glover, chose to fight Brandon Vera instead.

SHogun wont fight till next year after surgery, he is moving to Kings permanently from what I read. The Glover fight is the one I would like to see

he did duck glover tho

He didnt duck Glover, his management and him took a bigger name in Vera at the time and a main event on Fox. Glover had one fight in the UFC on the facebook prelims at the time didnt have the name for a main or co main. The matchmaking didnt make sense at that point.

He didnt duck Glover, his management and him took a bigger name in Vera at the time and a main event on Fox. Glover had one fight in the UFC on the facebook prelims at the time didnt have the name for a main or co main. The matchmaking didnt make sense at that point.

He ducked Glover bro it did because Glover was basically a contender whn he was brought in

I don't think he's ducking Glover, considering the killers he's fought.

It may just be their careers never led to one another.

Glover was rising and Shogun was falling off.

He ducked Glover bro it did because Glover was basically a contender whn he was brought in

Is that why Glover fought on the fb prelims the first fight?? Glover had to fight 5 times before he got a title shot, he wasnt considered a contender when he joined the UFC. Guys like Rampage, Shogun, Henderson were considered contenders when they entered the UFC. He was proven vet with a great record but needed to work his way up. He was not a guy like a Gus or Davis who weren't established at all, but he was not at the status as the names mentioned prior.

It was a high risk, low reward fight for Shogun. The better fight was Vera in a main event. Both guys were dangerous, its not like Glover at the time was anymore dangerous the Vera, later he proved he was.

Back