Shogun Rua looking sharp and back in the gym. WHO IS NEXT?

Who should Shogun fight next?

• Total voters
Rua is a 185lb fighter.

I don't know why we are still having this debate 10 years after stepping into the octagon. Way back then he was a LHW by the UFC standards.

But for years he has been too small and too flat footed due to age and injuries to be fighting guys who are naturally 25-30 lbs heavier than him and way stronger.

He has tons of heart to keep fighting at 205 but he isn't getting near the belt.

As for shape, his bodyfat at hasn't dropped below 10% since coming over from Pride. This is not his weight class.

Rua is a 185lb fighter.

I don't know why we are still having this debate 10 years after stepping into the octagon. Way back then he was a LHW by the UFC standards.

But for years he has been too small and too flat footed due to age and injuries to be fighting guys who are naturally 25-30 lbs heavier than him and way stronger.

He has tons of heart to keep fighting at 205 but he isn't getting near the belt.

As for shape, his bodyfat at hasn't dropped below 10% since coming over from Pride. This is not his weight class.
RUA IS NOT A 185 FIGHTER

I HATE IT WHEN CLUELESS NOOBS SAY THIS!

Provided his opponents all stand entirely stationary and hold pads for all 3/5 rounds, Shogun could be champ.
This.

The reality is that most people even half decent on the pads "looks sharp" "is a beast" "is an animal" "is unstoppable". These are the general opinion of the lay public who either don't train or who hold good fighters to the standard of gods. The padwork is okay. He looks sharp maybe, but not amazing.

I'm a long time Shogun lover/worshipper but this is padwork propaganda.

I STILL BELIEVE!!

Once DC is retired, Shogun will be champ!

Shogun is the oldest 36 year old u will ever meet
<36>

Last edited:
I voted Glover. Jimi doesn' do anything for shogun at this point. Hopefully shogun vs glover and gus vs osp.. i mean gus vs osp has to happen right? I gotta know if gus can beat an African American fighter before he weasels into another title shot

No one. I hate watching him fight now. He looks like suck.

Rua is a 185lb fighter.

I don't think his bodyfat was ever below 10%. 10% is very low for a LHW.

HEY!!!!!!

WHO DID THIS!

I know me and @CereserBr are friends

BUT MY thread was this year

and @CereserBr thread was last year

who merged this

was it you @Arkridge
hmmmm cant be @Arkridge
he hasn't logged in

Last edited:
Coming off a long layoff and injury, I say maybe a lower level/fringe top guy next. Like Jan Blachowicz or Pat Cummins.

I’m just happy he looks happy. I think OSP rematch.

Back