Shockdoctor gel max problem

Shock Doctor :: Products :: Mouthguards :: Gel Max Mouthguard

Recently purchased a gel max mouthguard and am having a problem. The outside frame digs into my gums pretty bad and has cut up my mouth good after one use. Curious if anyone else has had this problem and how you corrected it. Comfy guard overall but hurts like hell when you clench. Thanks

I never had that poblem, but it certainly is dificult to mold the thing just right so it sticks to your upper jaw. That's boil'n'bite's for ya.

I think this new model will fare much better :

Shock Doctor :: Products :: Mouthguards :: Power Gel DNA

As for the pain you're feeling, it's probably because you havn't molded it correctly or you got the wrong size (I doubt you got the size wrong tho).

got a custm guard noob

Not everyone can. Customs are worlds better than the boil'n'bites but some people have to do with what they have or can buy at the time.

Hell, i've seen melvin manhoef sportin shock doctors in his last couple of fights !! :icon_chee

I own customguards.net and can give you some pointers on guards even if you don't want to spend the money on a custom guard. I want sell you a custom guard if it's not for you but I will let you know what other pro fighters are training with. Take care and good luck.

I couldn't tolerate the ShockDoc either - cheapest two-sided B&B worked best for me.

I'll be moving up to a custom soonish, but till then, this one works.

The issue you describe sounds like it was caused by improper forming of the guard. You have bent the semi-rigid plastic core and it is going to rip your gums apart.

Is the guard torn at all?

I always strip the outer rubbery portion of the mouthguard after months of use, eventually bending the stiff inner portion into a sharp blade that slices.

I had the exact same problem with the Ultra. Wasted $22

You probably bit down to hard when you were fitting it. I never had this problem and have owned 2 shockdoctor mouthguards.

Shock Doctor :: Products :: Mouthguards :: Gel Max Mouthguard

Recently purchased a gel max mouthguard and am having a problem. The outside frame digs into my gums pretty bad and has cut up my mouth good after one use. Curious if anyone else has had this problem and how you corrected it. Comfy guard overall but hurts like hell when you clench. Thanks

i have the same problem with the same mouth guard and it makes me want to buy a one piece $2 boil n bite instead. that outer layer's ridge digs into my gums and cuts up the inside of my upper lip.

ive tried reforming it twice, to no avail...cant afford a custom. are there any good single layer mouth guards?

Back