Shock Doctor Problem

Morier

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi

I've got a rather unique problem... I live in South Africa and being a third world country there is a limit on the amount of gear which is available to purchase.

I recently purchased a pair of Shock Doctor Basix Compression Shorts with Bioflex Cup. As this was the only compression shorts cup combo I could find locally.

The shorts are awesome but as mentioned in a previous thread the cup moves all over the place and often seems to be more of a danger to my manhood rather than protecting it.

However due to the lack of gear available in this country. I am limited to either ordering a Shock Doctor BasiX Supporter with BioFlex Cup, a Shock Doctor Core Supporter with Bioflex Cup or Gungfu UFC Compression Shorts with Groin Cup.

The idea being if a purchase either of the supporters I will simply wear the supporter containing the cup underneath my current compression short. Which is better, I really need the cup to fit thigh and stay put.

The review of the Shock Doctor supporters seem to be quite good but I can't find and reviews for the Gungfu UFC shorts.

Thanks.

Check out the Jaco Compression Shorts... there's also a review in the review section

Jaco Compression Shorts are not available in South Africa. :icon_sad:

Jaco ship worldwide. It is well worth it. Having used a ton of different cup system the jaco one is by far the best

never wear a cup with the compression shorts they all move around too much, get a supporter to put the cup in, then put the shorts on over that if you want

Are you wearing it for grappling or striking? I've got the same Shock Doc shorts w/ bioflex cup and I've never had an issue with it. There was one time I didn't really put it in properly and it was uncomfortable, but that was purely my own fault. I wear the shorts w/o the cup under my gi, and I wear it during sparring for kickboxing. I know this doesn't help you any, but just thought I'd throw in my own experience with the product. Good luck!

never wear a cup with the compression shorts they all move around too much, get a supporter to put the cup in, then put the shorts on over that if you want

I agree with this in general, but the Jaco Guardian Shorts Morier mentioned are the exception. The strapping system is really good and sticks the cup firmly to your groin. Definitely check it out, Jaco has awesome customer service in my experience (and many here will agree with me).

Jaco > Nutty Buddy> Nothing > Shock Doctor

I've used all four. Jaco is the best.

I use the shorts for both grappling and striking but mostly striking...

Just got a quote for shipping the Jaco short... $128.74, which is more than double the price of the shorts... so that is out of the question... unless I can get a better price somewhere...

Does anyone use the Shock Doctor Supporters? Are they any better than the Shock Doctor Shorts?

Last edited:
In the begining i used compression shorts, they sucked bad. I thought maybe it was because it was just a cup with cheap compression shorts, so i went out to buy some under armor comrpession shorts, which are pretty good and very comfortable but still the cup moves around alot.

Then i bought the shockdoctor ultra with the jock strap, better than comrpession shorts, but still kinda moves around as the straps that hold the cup in place are elastic so a lil stretching and running moves the cup, and you constantly have to readjust but it is better than nothing and probably the cheapest solution that works.

The Jaco system is great and very different from other compressions shorts. The cup really stays in place.

Back