Shin/Instep Guards (Suggestions)

redefined

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all:

First time poster here obviously, but I am looking for some help. I figured that everyone here would be able to give me some suggestions.

I am looking for a good pair of shin/instep guards for stand up work. However, I have been looking more toward buying grappling ones because I don't want them to slip.

If anyone could offer any suggestions to a good (reasonably priced) pair it would be much appreciated.

-k

Hi all:

First time poster here obviously, but I am looking for some help. I figured that everyone here would be able to give me some suggestions.

I am looking for a good pair of shin/instep guards for stand up work. However, I have been looking more toward buying grappling ones because I don't want them to slip.

If anyone could offer any suggestions to a good (reasonably priced) pair it would be much appreciated.

-k

I had the same question a lil while ago. Use the search feature at the top of the forum and type "Shin Guards". You'll find my thread and some great advice.

Hope it helps!

I had the same question a lil while ago. Use the search feature at the top of the forum and type "Shin Guards". You'll find my thread and some great advice.

Hope it helps!

Thanks, which did you end up buying?

Also, what is the deal with sizing? I'm 5'9" and fluctuate between 180 - 190, but trying to cut.

i use a fbt sock shin guard. its a pair i bought from thailand.

Decided to go with the pair from throwndown, thanks for those that helped. I will post a review when I get them and use them a few times.

Looks to me like CSI:Tapout as Title:Throwdown...

Check me out...with my awesome SAT analogy awesomeness applied to MMA products...

Back