• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shin Godzilla gets hate from hardcore Godzilla fans? Only 6.8 on imdb (Spoiler inside)

He looks like a turd, I can understand the hate, if this was the american design people will be crying about it.

82c18824ee49a4f7689880e3f428c148.jpg

Apparently Hideaki Anno's name is also attached to this new film called Shin Ultraman.

Thank God that never happened, holy shit. Let Godzilla be Godzilla. I loved Evangelion back in the day but sometimes Anno needs to be reigned in
I liked Rebuid 2.0 a lot. It was refreshing.

Rebuild 3.0 is my most hated anime.

I liked Rebuid 2.0 a lot. It was refreshing.

Rebuild 3.0 is my most hated anime.

I only watched the original series, death and rebirth and EoE.

Where do I go from there? I haven't followed any anime since bleach back in 07 and 08. I'm way behind.

I only watched the original series, death and rebirth and EoE.

Where do I go from there? I haven't followed any anime since bleach back in 07 and 08. I'm way behind.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (2009) I enjoyed. I never even watched the first FMA. I always thought FMA looked lame and kiddy so I was pleasantly surprised.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0001355642/

Godzilla was using wrestling moves in the 60s and 70s. 99% of the films are silly
Not arguing that whatsoever.
The original movie and this one have a similar tone that the franchise in general,in what it made popular,doesn’t have.
That’s all.

I liked it OK, but it's far from my favorite Godzilla move.

It's easy to understand why some people don't like it; Godzilla looked disgusting in it. He's some weird gross amphibian thing that I guess starts making little ones off his gross tail. He is also ludicrously powerful, blowing up like half of Tokyo in one breath and somehow sensing that stealth bombers were coming at him and filling the whole sky with purple laser beams. People love to point out the mockery of the Japanese government, but for American fans that's just a neat factoid. It maybe explains why Japanese fans like the movie, but it doesn't mean anything to us. I mean how many of you that say that actually follow Japanese politics at all? It's a parody that's lost on us.

It is probably the only Godzilla movie that attempts to replicate the tone of the original movie, and at that, it does an decent job. He is an unstoppable juggernaut that exudes a sense of terror. However, in the original he seemed like an angry rampaging beast exacting retribution on humanity for bombing him. In Shin Godzilla he seems more like a completely mindless creature just moving around like an automaton following his programming. He is soulless in that movie.

Godzilla is like rice pudding, if it wasn't introduced to you as a child, you're never going to like it.

I loved it. The use of old scores and SFX's added to the overall product. I wish the American Godzilla's were half as good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back