Shin Conditioning in NYC

R

RabidPanda

Hey guys i live in an apartment and thus do not own a heavy bag at the moment. I do however own shin pads and have a wooden doorframe that can easily take kicks. My question is....

IF I AM WEARING THE PAD and kicking LIGHTLY, is this at at all useful for shin conditioning?

I kick at about enough force to have a dull pain per hit. feels similar to kicking a heavy bag but the density of the target is clearly greater. thank you!

2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

Get yourself to a gym.

Get a job at a meatpacking plant and kick the carcasses of cows and pigs. More real than a stinkin bag and you will get paid while you train.

Hey guys i live in an apartment and thus do not own a heavy bag at the moment. I do however own shin pads and have a wooden doorframe that can easily take kicks. My question is....

IF I AM WEARING THE PAD and kicking LIGHTLY, is this at at all useful for shin conditioning?

I kick at about enough force to have a dull pain per hit. feels similar to kicking a heavy bag but the density of the target is clearly greater. thank you!

Do you even train?

1. Lose the shinpads. You won't properly condition your shins wearing them.

2. Why not just repeatedly kick a wall?

3. Why not just repeatedly kick a windshield?

1. No, only Tong Po can kick walls and posts with any benefit.
2. If you join a gym, you won't have to worry about not having a bag in your apartment.
3. If you have even some friends who can hold thai pads for you, that would be a good alternative.
4. Stop focusing on the "shin conditioning" and focus on learning the art of kicking (or muay thai if you're not an MMA meathead).

Back