Media Shields calls out nunes

She wants Nunes to go win a boxing title first? Don’t think that’s how this works.

I believe Amanda could do it though.

View attachment 861290
{<jordan} Beating that 3-6 soccer mom who gassed out is so impressive right fellas?
Everyone starts out fighting top 10 competition right???? I mean the fucking nerve of Shields...

I think what Shields is saying here is she was a boxing champ and is now taking a stab at MMA. She is now in Nunes world, that being MMA. Give her a chance man...at least she actually came from boxing and took an MMA fight...not the other way around so that the MMA person gets a huge payday.

After watching her debut, I think Amanda would prob finish her in one round.

Everyone starts out fighting top 10 competition right???? I mean the fucking nerve of Shields...

I think what Shields is saying here is she was a boxing champ and is now taking a stab at MMA. She is now in Nunes world, that being MMA. Give her a chance man...at least she actually came from boxing and took an MMA fight...not the other way around so that the MMA person gets a huge payday.

And she respects MMA and understands how tough it is. Plus, Shields isn't even trying to fight Amanda or Kayla right now, she knows she literally has years to go before she's ready for those fights. The same girl she beat is the same girl Kayla Harrison beat in her debut. Difference is Kayla was a pure grappler at the time (Judo) and Claressa is pure stand up (Boxing). Yet Kayla as a grappler, got a grappler as an opponent. Claressa as a striker with a known ground weakness was given a "Brown Belt" in jujitsu (who knows what school gave her that, she wasn't a real brown belt), w/ 9 MMA fights, 14 years of training in MMA and around a dozen or slightly less jujitsu competitions. A lot of promotions would have gave Claressa a striker as her first opponent, so I was impressed that she fought through the adversity and despite her opponents skills was able to finish her in the third when she needed to, as a novice at MMA (and grappling) herself. Props to her, she needs a lot more time to improve, that's for sure, but she deserves respect in my opinion.

Nunes beats shields in a boxing or MMA match.

150+lb women's boxing is ridiculously shallow. I would love to see Nunes challenge Shields in boxing. That fight would be HUGE.

Shields isn't a big hitter, she wins on volume. She may be able to out-cardio Nunes and win late, but I think Nunes simply over powers her.

Don't believe the hype, watch Shields fights... she's not that great, just the best in a very small pond.
Yea I looked into her a bit after all this recent talk, and she doesn't seem all that to me either. I think Nunes could in a boxing match.

For people who want the full context of this quote, here is the full video, the Nunes talk starts about 2:45 but she talks all MMA before that. She was on a boxing show, they asked her about the emoji tweet, she said she didn't see it and they said it was "Embarrassing" emoji and possibly a shot on her. She proceeded to say, that she knows nothing in MMA and if that champ has to take a shot at her then she's in trouble because she's not even close to her level and if she wants to call her embarrassing then she thinks Nunes should take a fight in pro boxing because there are a lot of ladies that would embarrass her in that. Basically she feels like Nunes should be showing her some respect for stepping into the MMA World and fighting a grappler and challenges her to accept a boxing fight with a lower ranked boxer to see if it's as easy as she thinks. Then she said thanks for tuning into my fight (Plus more MMA talk after).

Amanda doesn't need nothing to prove in boxing, we all know mma is greater than boxing because of the more diverse weapons allowed in their arsenal.

Does that mean street fighting is the most superior since it has the most diverse arsenals allowed.

Nunes beats shields in a boxing or MMA match.

150+lb women's boxing is ridiculously shallow. I would love to see Nunes challenge Shields in boxing. That fight would be HUGE.

Shields isn't a big hitter, she wins on volume. She may be able to out-cardio Nunes and win late, but I think Nunes simply over powers her.

Don't believe the hype, watch Shields fights... she's not that great, just the best in a very small pond.
LMFAO she’s a 2x Olympic gold medalist that would fucking ass rape Amanda in a boxing match. Stop this weird insecure mma is better than everything shit

Clarissa is taking a bite she can't swallow

Nunes vs Shields
giphy.gif

Back