Shevchenko or Nunes - Who do you rank higher on the GOAT List?

Who do you rank higher on the GOAT List?

• Total voters
Pound-for-pound I put Bullet a shade ahead of the Lioness.

Valentina is 22-3, Nunes is 21-4.
Bullet also lost once on cuts to Liz Carmouche and then 2 close decisions to Nunes. She also has a win over Carmouche and 3 WMMA champs in Joanna, Holly & Andrade. She also competed at BW against larger opponents.

Amanda is great and its not her fault but she hasn't faced anyone who is a legit FW aside from Cyborg & Anderson. Everyone else she fought could or should fight at BW. There simply aren't any WMMA fighters larger than her. She also has 4 losses to much lesser fighters than who Val lost against. Ana Maria is 5-5 career, Alexis Davis 20-11, Sarah D'Alelio 11-7 & Cat Zingano who has the best record at 12-4.

I think in the P4P fantasy world where the skills are the same and size is = Bullet beats her. She almost did with the large size difference.

In part its because of what you say (luck, basically) but it's also because Nunes is more willing to take chances in fights. Taking on a challenge as Cyborg, Shevchenko would take a cautious, technical approach which could even get her the dec but isnt going for it as Amanda did.
Also because Nunes is aware of her superior striking power but that's the name of the game too
You have to fight the way that works for you. Nunes power and distance control is an nightmare for most of the women she's facing. Val's more measured approach is how she is trained,and thats where all her success comes from. Rousey and Tate retired before Val could get a chance to fight them,and Cyborg is just too big.

Nice try smartass. Shev got handedly defeated by Nunes the first time and you blame it on size. Yet just a year before that Cat Zingano beat Nunes despite being undersized too.

Blame it on size when skills dont get you through.

Cheap try, Mr.Simpleton. Doesnt even make sense the analogy you made with Zingano. To reply that shit better shut up, honestly.

Her skills did get her throught. Shevchenko beat Nunes in the eyes of many observers and even an official judge, and odds would credit for that in a rematch and you know it unless you want to keep pretending.

Nunes is a weght class above Shevchenko so she should beat the smaller woman convincingly - that's why weightclasses exist in the first place, genius - to even pretend their H2H match up seals the discussion. Take your "simply" answer but it's cheap as fuck and we both know it, sir

Valentina got absolutely robbed in their second fight and is a much better fighter than Nunes.
She did get robbed,but I think the distance between them is closer than your making it. It was a tough fight for both women,but Val had a clear edge imo.

Nunes resume is far better.

And while Shev may be the better fighter, the gap isn't as big as many make it out to be. Shev has the option to gain size when fighting Nunes but chooses not to. Instead she focuses on speed as that is her huge advantage against Nunes.

Gotta say Nunes based on more legendary fights, but overall probably not by much.

I think Shev is the better fighter and that she beat Amanda the second time around. However, record wise, Amanda has a much better track record of wins against top competition: Shev, Ronda, McMann, Holly, Meisha, GDR x 2, Shev x 2, Cyborg... and she is a two division champ.

Honestly, I don't understand how anyone can rank Valentina over Nunes considering their records.

Nunes is the female GOAT just based on the Cyborg fight.
Actually she's the GOAT based on this counter overhand right.
The best power shot ever thrown in WMMA.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Nunes competition so far has been far better than Valentinas at 125.
Nunes beat every other UFC BW women's champion by finish in 1 round, she beat Valentina twice and KO'd Cyborg. Add the 2 belts, she pretty far ahead of Val.
Valentina could catch her maybe if she wins the 3rd fight and gets a second belt.

You really don't make sense. On one hand you say that Nunes is bad because she got stopped by Zingano (who is smaller in size than Nunes)
Yet you give the size argument for why Val lost against Nunes.
If undersized Zingano beat Nunes why couldn't Val?

Undersized Zingano?
Wtf are you talking about?

Sorry but if you want to have a rational conversation try sticking to what I said and not some bizarre retarded interpretation out of left field.

I deal in reality. If you want to make shit up and argue about it you can do that all by yourself.

Nunes has the better resume, but Shevchenko is the better P4P fighter.

Last edited:
Much luv for both ladies and a bit a favortism ta Shev... One of the few times I let personalities and outside life influence me at all...

Even that said I think Nunes takes it by jus a bit at current.

Nunes clearly, much better competition and beat her twice

You’re entitled to that opinion. I always just rely on what history (the judges) says. Amanda moved up and smoked Cyborg. Shevchenko moved down and is fighting women that will never sniff a belt. Meanwhile Amanda has literally beaten every woman to hold either the UFC BW, or FW belt. As well as the dominant FLW champ twice. You can’t even remotely compare their resumes.

I honestly don’t understand where there is even room for debate. Same weight class, same time frame, and 2 head to head fights. The resumes are polar opposites. And every single metric available supports Amanda.
This! While I think Val is the better and more skilled of the two… the question is who is the greatest? So you have to look at their resume.. and there’s no objective way to argue that Val’s resume is better or even comparable to Amanda’s…

Last edited:
I think Amanda would win a third match. Amanda struggled with her because of the unique matchup that Val presents in being small and quick, but that is a matchup issue in my eyes; it doesn't mean Val is better P4P.

The bottom line is you can't really put any WMMA fighter over Amanda with the people she has beaten- there is just no one close to beating that competition, especially with the way she did it- first round KO's of Cyborg, Rousey, Tate, and Holm. Val is great, but she is nowhere near that. Her wins are laughable compared to Amanda's.

Back