Sherdog Strongman discussion thread- Strongman classic looms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear an investment group based in Abu Dhabi via their Dubai office is looking to go big into strongmen and arm wrestling. Interesting in the background of this video you see photos of UFC fighters. This is not by accident I believe. They just moved the arm wrestlers into this area with one of the top arm wrestlers in the world training a bunch of guys for 6 weeks. They have a nearly 1 billion plus stake in the UFC if not much more if they did not sell it off.

No mirrors count me in for Strongman gym need one in MA or northern RI easy trip. :) So many people look at themselves in the mirror at my gym instead of working out.

No mirrors count me in for Strongman gym need one in MA or northern RI easy trip. :)
We had a strongman/crossfit gym not to far from me. Granted that was pre-covid, not sure if it survived. I've been slowly building/acquiring implements over the last few months to have a dedication strongman/highland games training area on my property. Downside is winter lasts up to six months here, so I'm screwed the rest of the time.

We had a strongman/crossfit gym not to far from me. Granted that was pre-covid, not sure if it survived. I've been slowly building/acquiring implements over the last few months to have a dedication strongman/highland games training area on my property. Downside is winter lasts up to six months here, so I'm screwed the rest of the time.
Yes I have a few strongmen gyms in my area but basically they are bodybuilding gyms in disguise. The people who train there are only interested in a few strongmen exercises then spend the rest of their time on the bench and on the smith machines and pullup area.

I'm not happy with the state of strongman. The athletes are still amazing, but the events have become bland and too standardized. The World's should include stuff like a rock carry, car flipping (even though I'm always scared shitless someone will get Mark Phillipi'd), you know, stuff that can't be mass produced with Rogue logos... and every WSM should have at least one "wtf maybe that was a bad idea" event like murderball or sumo.

Also wtf was with having so few events? I swear WSM used to have 10 or something.

AND the atlas stones were so fucking lame, the podiums were all the same low height!

Brian Shaw takes it. He is a giant with freak genes.

Who do you think is the greatest strongman ever? And who is the most freak genetics?
I'll say my favourites are Jouko Ahola and Magnus Samuelson.

As far as the best in essence, Bill Kazmaier.

Off topic but kinda on topic but a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back