• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 104 movie!

Let's Pick The Week 104 Movie!

• Southbound

• Death Wish

• Dirty Harry

• Hostiles

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, looks like this one's already over.

Sorry to see that Dirty Harry didn't win. Been meaning to watch that one forever.

We have a Winner!

Southbound.jpg

We also have our fist antology film in the SMC! Get hyped people! Not sure how this discussion will turn out. As I mentioned -- one of the directors in Southbound is also the filmmaker behind The Ritual.

Members: @shadow_priest_x @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts

So much stuff involving the Devil, paganism, witchcraft, etc lately.

Muhahaha it turns out that my contribution as club-President was satanism all along!

When I get time I'll talk about the Swedish satanist-pagan death cult in The Ritual thread whom were also a darn hardcore metal band. Spoiler: it contains a botched ritual sacrifice.

Muhahaha it turns out that my contribution as club-President was satanism all along!

When I get time I'll talk about the Swedish satanist-pagan death cult in The Ritual thread whom were also a darn hardcore metal band. Spoiler: it contains a botched ritual sacrifice.

th

Cool. The ritual got me in the mood to try some other horror shows.

Hostiles looks good as well.

Brb. Going to put Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast record on and slip into my bad ass red jeans.

Don't worry chicken.

As club-president you now have my premission to watch Kwaidan instead.

Kwaidan
1965 · 3hr 3min · Fantasy/Horror
220px-Kwaidan-poster.jpg

In the tradition of "Rashomon" and "Straight to Hell"

<{Joewithit}>

<TheWire1>

Taking bets on whether I will be more or less scared than the ritual.

We were discussing what makes a "great" movie. To me, a clear sign that Pulp Fiction isn't great is the fact that its supposed major strength is its characters. Putting aside the fact that I don't find its characters compelling, a great film must have much more than idiosyncratic characters. It should have an interesting plot, its scenes must be compact, and subplots must weave together elegantly. Pulp Fiction has none of these qualities.

Fellow Club Members, I poached this from another forum. We should encourage this gentlemen to join in our ranks. He sounds like a student of the art and possibly a contributor.

Join up @waiguoren. We're all friends here.

Back