sherdog gloves

Essej

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
i just ordered the sherdog mma gloves, mainly because they are fairly inexpensive and look to be manufactured well and i only need something to play around with for awhile. anyone tried them out and whats your opinions?

I bought the white ones. They are rigid and need to be broken into, but they are quite sturdy.

They are decent entry level gloves but nothing great. I've gone through numerous pairsof cheapies and in the end it's worth spending the $60 for Fairtex gloves. TruthMMA glvoes thoguh are also very good gloves and fairly cheap to boot. Go with either brand and you won't be disappointed.

I like mine. I only wish they had loops on the ends of the fingers, as I have gotten some scrapes my fingers.

anyone really use these for alot of bag work? How are they holdin up and how are your hands holdin up?

i plan on using them for a lot of bag work, i work the bag 2 or 3 times a day depending on how much i work... ill let you know how they hold up in a couple months

Essej said:
i plan on using them for a lot of bag work, i work the bag 2 or 3 times a day depending on how much i work... ill let you know how they hold up in a couple months

I am telling you know, if you really bang the bag your knuckles are going to bleed with gloves like this and wont heal for 1-2 weeks. I wouldnt risk it, Get some 16 ounce Boxing gloves from SSFgear.com or KOFightgear.com. Both are cheap and awesome quality. If you absolutely want to hit the bag with grappling gloves get the CSI MMA Training Gloves (combatsports.com). They give you as much padding as you are going to get in a grappling glove and would give you the most protection. SHERDOG gloves are really meant for actual fights since there is little padding, not for bag work! You've been warned...

I've done heavybag workouts with cheap Century gloves and never had a problem. Perhaps it is all the makiwara training, but I've never had that problem.

JB, I have too and they where good until I went to 16 ounce Boxing gloves. I tried to go back to the Century's but my knuckles where either very red or bleeding after I got with a measily 30 min bag workout so I couldn't understand what had changed except maybe I was hitting the bag harder since I had last use them.

Has anyone used the truth gel gloves for bag work? I'm wondering how they felt.

I have used my sherdog gloves for bag work. I actually like them, because they force me to make sure that I am hitting with my knuckles, not the lower part of my fist on the fingers.

JeremiahBailey said:
Either you've gone soft or you hit like a Mack truck. :D

I'll take the latter :icon_twis

i've had the same problem with my grappling gloves in bag work. it's better than no gloves though, i'm not complaining too much. i dont' mind them being red and sore haha

suicideeyes said:
i've had the same problem with my grappling gloves in bag work. it's better than no gloves though, i'm not complaining too much. i dont' mind them being red and sore haha

I get skin peeling off and bloody knuckles.

Phenom, you should try makiwara training. I find it very useful, oh and punching canvas bags filled with rocks is pretty effective as well.

JeremiahBailey said:
I've done heavybag workouts with cheap Century gloves and never had a problem. Perhaps it is all the makiwara training, but I've never had that problem.

I wrap my hands so I don't break my wrists. It also prevents my knucks from getting scraped.

ssfgear.com is great
truth mma sucks- shitty customer service!!!! they didnt reply to any of my emails, they sent me the wrong size gloves.. weeks went by, i emailed over and over, and i was forced to sell ym gloves on ebay.!!!!

I have had a good experience with both Truth and SSF.

Back