Shercooks - Is there any appetite for a Sherdog recipes thread?

Monkadelic

Head Bee Guy
@Brown
Reaction score
You could certainly make an argument for it being pointless, what with literally a gazillion recipes and food blogs already online. However, I nearly always find that published recipes are often a good starting point, but that I nearly always end up tweaking them, or combining them with others etc.

I wonder if a collection of recipes, tried and tested by the common folk would be more reliable? Also, being the global network that we are, I like the idea of a central repository of recipes from round the world.

What do you reckon? Yay or nay? Pointless or pointful?

Grill or smoke meat like it's the hardest thing to do. What's to write?

I have learned to respect patissier more as I got older.

I like the idea of sharing recipes tested by Sherbros. As you said we have people from diverse regions and backgrounds, so that would be interesting.

Tag me up if you start this thread.

As a bonus, maybe I will finally learn about the recipes that cause people to bench teh 265 and bang 10s...;)

I'm a decent baker of bread. For the past ten years (ish) I've collected books, attended courses, worked in an artisan bakery and then baked for colleagues at work. In that time I've pinched techniques and recipes from all over the place, and am confident I can show people the best way to bake the best bread at home. I can certainly contribute there.

We've had a couple of these threads.

But they mostly devolve into a repository for Kraft Dinner recipes from clippy and omaplata.

CPJbwU1WcAEcICF.png

Not sure if a recipe from a Sherdogger is safe to follow.

Where’s that Supra cat with his sweet meals in plastic dishes. One of the all time great threads.

I made some banana bread today.

4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 brown sugar
I large egg
1teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour

Smash bananas up in mixing bowl. Mix in ingredients in the order their listed. Put in well greased or buttered pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

You could certainly make an argument for it being pointless, what with literally a gazillion recipes and food blogs already online. However, I nearly always find that published recipes are often a good starting point, but that I nearly always end up tweaking them, or combining them with others etc.

I wonder if a collection of recipes, tried and tested by the common folk would be more reliable? Also, being the global network that we are, I like the idea of a central repository of recipes from round the world.

What do you reckon? Yay or nay? Pointless or pointful?
I’d contribute.but probably never try anything posted here as I rarely cook at home.

2 lbs ground beef
Half an onion
2 cans of kidney beans
1 can of tomato sauce
Half a container of Roberto's Chipotle salsa
4 tbsp of Williams chili seasoning
1 tsp of pepper
Half tsp of garlic powder

Dice the onion and mix with the meat in a pot on the stovetop. Cook until the meat is cooked and then throw the rest of the ingredients in. Simmer for an hour.

What are some good recipes involving fruits and soda or fruits and yogurt?

recipes are lame. post pictures to accompany the recipe or gtfo

2 lbs ground beef
Half an onion
2 cans of kidney beans
1 can of tomato sauce
Half a container of Roberto's Chipotle salsa
4 tbsp of Williams chili seasoning
1 tsp of pepper
Half tsp of garlic powder

Dice the onion and mix with the meat in a pot on the stovetop. Cook until the meat is cooked and then throw the rest of the ingredients in. Simmer for an hour.

Chili is a thread in itself. I make it different every time basically, the last time i did it in my Weber, this is way better for the record.

I do something like below

1 onion
1 capsicum
Few chilis chopped up
Old fat from a Weber cook
Few cloves garlic
1 kilo brisket (smoked for a couple hours in the Weber, usually use chuck but a Sherdogger suggested brisket)
500g good quality sausage, whatever you like
Few rashers streaky bacon (also smoked in Weber)
Rub (usually one tbs salt, one tbs pepper, one tbs cumin, one tbs chili powder, two teaspoons paprika)
Few of your favourite beers
Two tins tomatoes
Canned beans (refried if you want)
Few tablespoons tomato paste

Fry up onion, capsicum, chilis and garlic in old fat. Add rub and toast for a minute, brown sausage squeezed out of skins, add diced brisket and bacon. Add your tomato paste and combine with meat, than add tomatoes beans and few beers until a good consistency (not sure how to describe it, I don't go by amounts). Put in preferably cast iron pan into Weber for indirect cook at 180 degrees celsius for a few hours, stir every hour or so and add more beer if you need. Salt and pepper to taste at end and serve with some mozzerella, sour cream and corn chips.

F53-C74-E4-F32-E-4426-B98-E-7707522-DBBD1.jpg

I would love to be able to read recipes again that dont start with "OMG I just had to do this...."

Back