• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shed no tears for Decision Dan

tuff juice

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Machida basically made Dan Henderson look like he moves and fights like one of these lumbering around getting set up, WHAPWHIFF!:

schleich_catapult.jpg

But shed no tears for Decision Dan, Decision Dan is not yr man, and Decision Dan is no finisher man. He's just whats left of a leaning man, a laying man, a praying man, but with a big right hand who does chin stands on his propped up glands. He's got all the sand, bleeds 'Murica, man. Decision Dan will have his last stand. Shed no tears for Decision Dan.

I was hoping to come in here and agree with you and remind everyone that Dan has gotten incredibly lucky with the score cards in the past, but it appears you are insane.

Thats hall of famer, Mr. Henderson to you

Yeah he's that too, top 10 GOAT, but Blayt7hh is right about the point I was trying to make. Hendo used to live and die by the scorecards, and isn't really the finisher he seems to be with his huge right hand.

nice rhyme. machida is just a bad matchup for anyone who's best shot is striking against him. i really think the shogun KO was a fluke and rampage got a gift decision against him...jonny bones is a different story lol.

I was hoping to come in here and agree with you and remind everyone that Dan has gotten incredibly lucky with the score cards in the past, but it appears you are insane.

Yup.

I hate the moniker "decision Dan" because he's authored some of the best highlight reel KOs in MMA history, including one that shocked the world. I'm also a fan.

But he's been on the plus side of more than one "WTF?" decisions in his career.

No need to be disrespectful toward Dan Hendo

Top 5 GOAT in this sport.

Machida was just the better man

Nothing wrong with decisions. I'd provide examples as to why, but if you don't already know then you're just a troll.

Machida basically made Dan Henderson look like he moves and fights like one of these lumbering around getting set up, WHAPWHIFF!:

schleich_catapult.jpg

But shed no tears for Decision Dan, Decision Dan is not yr man, and Decision Dan is no finisher man. He's just whats left of a leaning man, a laying man, a praying man, but with a big right hand who does chin stands on his propped up glands. He's got all the sand, bleeds 'Murica, man. Decision Dan will have his last stand. Shed no tears for Decision Dan.

least decision dan came to fight, unlike 'dancing with the stars' machida.

might be the lamest fight in MMA history? for an old guy machida didnt want any part of actually throwing with the guy.

funny how all these machida fans try to stick up for such a horrible performance. 30 strikes landed in a 3 round fight, lol.

if I want to watch dancing I will get a patrick swayze movie. WHen I watch MMA, I want to see some dudes who are not scared to fight. Watch any other fight that night, besides shaubs horrible lay and pray and you see fighters who want to fight.

I understand machida, and dont try to tell me hes skilled, he was scared to exchange and spent the majority of the fight going backwards. At least hendo gets my respect because he just kept coming and trying to throw at machida.

this was a horrible fight on all levels, I think ronda's fight had more strikes in it then this whole machida match had. I dont ever want to see machida headline if hes going to be running all match.

this was a horrible fight, if you think anything less, you probably have no clue what a real fight is and or you are just a butt buddy of machida.

Yup.

I hate the moniker "decision Dan" because he's authored some of the best highlight reel KOs in MMA history, including one that shocked the world. I'm also a fan.

But he's been on the plus side of more than one "WTF?" decisions in his career.

I might be wrong but I always thought the decision Dan thing came from him getting lucky on the cards, not him being boring or anything

I totally agree, I mean just cause the guy finished 4 of his last 5 wins doesn't make him a finisher.... oh wait, that's totally idiotic, yes it does. No he couldn't catch Lyoto, but neither can anyone else except Shogun or JBJ, and Hendo sure looked a shit load better chasing Machida than Bader, Randy, Silva, Rashad or Rampage did.

No need to be disrespectful toward Dan Hendo

Top 5 GOAT in this sport.

Machida was just the better man

Precisely, my friend. I've criticized every one of my favorite fighters at times, and Hendo is no exception. But let's show the man the respect he's earned. I've never liked Kobe Bryant, but I catch every Lakers game I can. Why? Because I love basketball, and the man plays it fantastically. Yet there are people who will tell you Kobe isn't even top 30 of all time, which is garbage. Let's critique Hendo's performance, by all means, but let's not pretend his record is anything less than exceptional.

Dan Henderson is an overrated testosterone injector in my opinion. He hit Fedor in the back of the head a few times and Fedor still turned over on his own. Herb Dean gave Dan that fight. Then vs Shogun, I dont care what punishment he doled out or how tired both fighters were at the end of the 5th. It was a sloppy slugfest and he could NOT finish Shogun. Shogun was mounting him repeatedly by the end, and if it had went on longer Dan would have been finished. He lost that fight as well in my opinion. I don't care how much punishment he doled out in the earlier rounds, at the end, he was done...period.

Henderson vs Jones....what a joke. This is why I NEVER* pay for PPV's anymore. I used to buy them all.

Back