Shavkat vs Khamzat. How does it go down?

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
We cant deny Shavkat anymore, hes clearly the real deal and getting closer to the top each fight. He's obliterating Neil on Saturday too, no need to even discuss that. So, Its only natural that Shavkat would get compared to Khamzat since both have a quick rise, fight in welterweight and are from a similar region.

Who do you think would win if Shavkat and Khamzat fought?

b2ec05d7ab6a6d84cdf26d4b74aa8aa542001500.gifv

rd1DaPN.gif

I absolutely love this matchup man! I think we will have a better idea of how that fight would play out after we at least get to see Shavkat fight a top 15 contender in Magny.

Shavkat was taken down multiple times and also dropped by Faridun Odilov in a war of a fight. There's a chance this turns into a classic wrestlefuck if his TDD hasn't improved facing an elite MMA wrestler like Khamzat.

fbi76ithgnj.gif

Last edited:
I think shavkat would ktfo chimaev

just a bad stylistic match

I think he can stuff the takedowns (which most can’t) …..then crack his chin in a brawl

I don’t see Shavkat as the same type of talent as Khamzat, kinda surprised so many people put him there

Honestly I think Khamzat will fight in a few months, then get a title shot, maybe defend once, and then to 185… I don’t think Shavkat will have a title shot by then, so they’ll likely never cross paths… we’ll see

Shavkat was taken down multiple times and also dropped by Faridun Odilov in a war of a fight. There's a chance this turns into a classic wrestlefuck if his TDD hasn't improved facing an elite MMA wrestler like Khamzat.

fbi76ithgnj.gif

Gadzhimurad also wrestled Shavkat in the amateurs successfully.

I don’t see Shavkat as the same type of talent as Khamzat, kinda surprised so many people put him there

Honestly I think Khamzat will fight in a few months, then get a title shot, maybe defend once, and then to 185… I don’t think Shavkat will have a title shot by then, so they’ll likely never cross paths… we’ll see

Oh you'll see.

fbi76ithgnj.gif

To be fair, Odilov is 14-2 in a country with very tough competition. He's no slouch and would be a factor in any promotion.

Also the fight was in 2018. Shavkat was 23yo. Three years is a lot of time for training and growth particularly at that age and stage in one's career.

Khamzat future champ

Shavkat perennial contender

Khamzat's wrestling too strong

Khamzat future champ

Shavkat perennial contender

Khamzat's wrestling too strong
I'm gonna be very interested to see how good his wrestling really is when/if he fights guys like Usman or Colby

The way he sliced through Burns and took his back was crazy... I don't really think Usman or Colby could do that

Shavkat stays just outside of Khamzat's striking range and stuffs the TDs. Borz begins to overextend and gets caught round 2. TKO

Back