• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shavkat training with Usman

Who wins if they fight next year?

• Total voters
Yet Colby couldn’t take him down

Wow, this is great to see. Real recognize real.

I would imagine Usman might retire or move onto getting in the ring with a Paul brother before Shav is super close to a title shot.

I think it's his hand that's causing him grief....but obviously he must work around it can't just be sat at home
This. Most people still train but just avoid stressing injured areas. This keeps you in shape so you don't have as much catching up to do once you fully recover. If you just sit around doing nothing the whole time, you are going to be completely out of shape and will take extra months of training/conditioning just to get you in shape. So that just prolongs the whole recovery process even more since you won't be anywhere near fight ready once you are fully recovered if you are just sitting around doing nothing.

Usman's hand is the injury, lots of things you can do even with an injured hand in terms of training. Even with an injured leg there's also a lot of training options. There are always work arounds for training for most injuries.

Shavkat is the promise of a future, but Usman is the reality of the present.

Crazy that those 2 will be Khamzat's title victory and 1st title defense.

He beat Usman at Usman's strength. It's obvious Khamzat wouldn't stand a chance.

Usman befriending another dangerous opponent, whats new

Do you not understand how training for MMA works? To get to the top (and in Usmans case to stay the champ) it is a must to seek out and train with the best guys you can find. It’s extremely commonplace and has been since MMA’s infancy. Also Usman fought Burns who was his training partner at one time. These things happen it’s normal.

They aren't going to fight. They are Ali's sons.

Is Kamaru doing the ol let me give this guy sparring so I can befriend him and use it as an excuse to duck him later?

I think Usman might be inclined to retire before Shavkat gets to the top, and don't think it's cuz of a duck. WW has been so shittily booked that it feels empty at the top despite all the repetitive, needless, or hurried title shots.

This is only going to help both guys. I hope they continue to train together for awhile. I think Shavkhat will eventually hold the belt. Probably within the next year and half to 2 years. People always talk about him vs khamzat and I think it would be a great fight. Khamzat has more natural power but shavkhat is much more accurate in striking and has above average power. His fight iq is really high too. All around I think shavkhat is the better all around/overall fighter but because he doesn’t have the natural power and talks as much as khamzat, he probably won’t ever be as popular a fighter at least not to the casuals.

Back