Shannon Briggs "Klitschko is a Punk, Peter is a Cheater"

kimbodice

White Belt
Reaction score
I am Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs 2 Time Heavyweight Champion of the World. I'm the only fighter in the History of Boxing to become Heavyweight Champion with asthma. What makes this significant is the nature of boxing. I can not call time out and another fighter enters the ring while I adjust and get myself together when I suffer an asthma attack during a Championship fight. No, I do my best to protect myself at all times while trying to breathe.

No other fighter in the rich History of boxing has had to deal with fighting his opponent and fighting to breathe in the ring. Every time I walk into the ring I walk in with a severe handicap. A handicap that robs me of our most basic right, the right to breathe. No other fighter has asthma and achieved what I have achieved. No disrespect to Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali or Sugar Ray Robinson who are great fighters, but they didn't have asthma and win the Greatest Title on Earth, the Heavyweight Championship. Shannon Briggs did. Twice I did it and I will do it again.

http://fightbeat.com/news_details.php?NW=21417

Is this dude insane? Maybe the lack of air is affecting his thinking. Wladimir would KO him in two rounds

Since when was Shannon Briggs a 2x HW champion?

Since he beat Foreman and he beat Lyakhovic?

I thought Foreman beat him anyway, terrible decision.

ill never call briggs the former heavyweight champion of the world, but i will give him credit for competing in one of the toughest sports in the world with a disease that can cripple you at any moment, but he's not the only elite level athlete with asthma(far from it).

ill never call briggs the former heavyweight champion of the world, but i will give him credit for competing in one of the toughest sports in the world with a disease that can cripple you at any moment, but he's not the only elite level athlete with asthma(far from it).
what about inhalers? domanique wilkens was a good ball player who had asthma and few olympic guys have had it as well.But in boxing your lungs are taxed more than most sports

Odd thread... smacks of "When Shannon Briggs talks, we listen." I don't. :D

I don't remember the Foreman fight being for a title. In fact I'm certain of it.

yeah they GAVE Briggs the fight but it was not for the title........ although since he never lost the titles he got from Moore in the ring he was considered the champ(he was stripped the WBA title for not fighting Tony tucker and the IBF for not giving Axel shultz an immediate rematch)

they only gave briggs the fight because the wanted Foreman to stop fighting...

i became a briggs fan when i saw him fight in New york...this was when he was in shape and young...i thought he was going to be good........He could be way better if he trained hard and i think he uses his asthma as a cop out for not that now.........how was he able to train earlier in his career?.....anyways

Briggs sucks

Briggs does suck...especially for a former two time champion.

I remember Briggs was on ESPN 2 making some outrageous claims about how Sam Peter is not really the age he claims to be and that Wladmir Klit is a punk....sigh...another ego maniac

I remember Briggs was on ESPN 2 making some outrageous claims about how Sam Peter is not really the age he claims to be and that Wladmir Klit is a punk....sigh...another ego maniac

Well, I don't think Hart or Burns were lineal champs since Jeffries did come back and got the crap beaten out of him by Johnson (I think they were the 'World Champion' due to Jeffries' temporary retirement, but not the lineal claimant), but to each their own. :D

Always a sticky point with historians.
Jeffries return, of course, made the matter moot.

Not for you but for the benefit of anyone unversed in the linage is that what is key during those few instances when a reigning champ retired with the goods in his pocket, is:

1. The absence of legitimate counter-claims.
2. Due diligence being exercised in finding the successor through the inclusion/elimination of available, qualified contenders.
3. Public acknowledgement.
4. The blessing of the retiring champion.

By the time of Burns-Hart, each of these was satisfied, but of course, Jeff

Now if only Lennox would return with his gray dreads and loose to one of these rotating bozos we could stop the pedigree hemorrhage that the title is undergoing now.

bozos? while the division does possess eerie qualities of being a freak show, bozos is a slap in the face of a great children's entertainer. there's not much humor in what's going on in the division today.

Back