Shane Burgos has amazing offense, but he relies too much on his chin and it finally failed on him.

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
He has all the attributes, speed, huge for the division, but he tends to trade shots with his opponents. All of his fights are entertaining because of this, but it kind of reminds me of Elkins. The guy has an insane ability to absorb punishment, but all chins will eventually fail if hit enough.

If he would work on his defense a little bit more he would climb higher in the rankings.

I could also see him move up to 155 and be more durable, plus he is already taller then most lightweights.

He's so damn predictable and lacks any semblance of nuance He would get destroyed at 155 and it seems obvious his plan all along was to try and bully his way through the feathers

Is the dude ok from last night ? I don't think I've ever seen a knockout like last night
Thought he was having a stroke

I think he needs close to a year off and yeah he definitely has to work on his defense. His chin is good and he’s insanely tough, but he’s done the chicken dance a number of times now. He showed some IQ by going to the low kicks. He is terrible defensively though.

He blew a fuse last night. Trying to internalize all that punishment takes a toll. The guy takes too much damage on his feet for a move to 155.

I agree, I mentioned this right after he got finished. Guy takes 3 years of damage in one fight. If he had better defence he would have easily won the Emmett fight too

Guy is a warrior. Edson was throwing those combinations lightning fast and Burgos was just eating them.

I loved that fight. One of my favorites. What a war

Burgos has been one of my favourite fighters since I first saw him in his UFC debut.

I think he should retire. I did not like what I saw with that finish. Hopefully he is okay.

Agreed. He’s very predictable. Plods forward looking for the same 1-2-3 combos. He was target practice all night. He’s very tough and durable because those kicks by edson were vicious.

Back