Shane Burgos eyes future rematch with Barboza "“if we go in there 100 times, I win the majority"

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
“I don’t give a f*ck what anyone thinks of this, but I didn’t lose one shred of confidence into that fight,” Burgos told MMA Junkie. “I really think if we go in there 100 times, I think I’m going to win the majority of those. That’s no disrespect to him or anything like that, but there was no point in that fight, and it’s happened to me before, not a fight, but when you’re with fighters and you’re training with someone and you just know, ‘OK, this guy is better than me, so I’m just trying to land my shots in and just not trying to get my ass whooped.’ I never felt like that in any of my losses. Like, I didn’t feel I got my ass whooped. All three of my losses got ‘Fight of the Night,’ they were all competitive fights, and all those three guys are top 10 guys. I didn’t lose one shred of confidence.”

“This is a guy I’ve been watching since I was 15 years old,” Burgos said. “I had a similar approach to the Cub Swanson fight but in my mind, and no offense to Cub, Edson was even bigger because he was at a higher weight class and then coming down.

“So there were a lot of nerves in that fight. I didn’t know how I was going to match up with him. I’ve been watching his highlights for so long. I know how fast and how hard he kicks. I was nervous going into it, but I like those nerves. It wasn’t the bad nerves. Even after the fight I didn’t lose one shred of confidence. I’d love to run that one back one day. I really truly believe I’m better. There’s little adjustments that I didn’t do in that fight that would’ve made so much better.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...rgos-didnt-lose-confidence-edson-barboza-loss
1318042088.0.jpg

Does the number of times they go in change whether he wins the majority or not?

Didn't win when it mattered tho. Barboza's a beast no shame in that. Shane did way better than i expected

That’s silly. I like the guy but he lost both rounds and then got stopped. Saying this just sounds like sour grapes.

Sorry to break it to you Shane, but you weren’t exactly on your way to winning the decision either.

This kind of claim is silly. I doubt he'd want to go in there with Barboza 100 times.

I like Shane but this is such a dumb thing to say.

It was highly competitive but Barboza took the lead from the opening seconds, landed about 6 legkicks before Shane even threw anything, brutal bodykicks, overall landed the more impactful shots and did his thing, then knocked him the f out.

"bUt i'D bEaT hIm 51 tiMeZ oUt oF 100!!!"

The guy fights with a lot of ego, and Edson is not someone you want to brawl with.

The way he fought Emmet and ate so many of his right hands was so stupid. I was surprised he even lasted that long

It's kind of pointless focussing on getting back one particular win when his goal should just be to climb the ranks. It'll take a fairly specific set of circumstances for that rematch to come about, so what he should be focusing on is getting a fight against one of the guys ranked directly ahead of him (Mitchel or Yusuf would be very reasonable asks, Chikadze more of a reach but still possible and would be a great action fight), and then work on beating that guy.

Shane is a GD warrior and I loved that fight but at this point in his career I think Edson is just to good. Maybe if they rematch in a few years Shane can catch up

Dudes gonna have CTE by 35 Josh Emmett(dropped him twice and landed the hardest shots thru out) and Barboza beat his brains in guys a FW Tony Ferguson without the grappling skills.

Back